almost bought kg4

marcelin

I have posted a best klipsch on a 300$ budget a while back and you guys helped me take a decision on the kg4.

I won an auction for kg4 on e-bay at 187$ plus as quoted 65$ shipping. but after auction's end, the seller sent me a 315$ invoice! turns out he is now charging me 127$ for shipping, including 30$ for packaging materiel which by the way was not mentioned anywhere on the auction page or in his quote. anyway boring long story but I thought I would let you guys know about him.

erb4u is his name be aware.

fortunately there is 3 more kg4 listed right now, I have filed a complaint with e-bay hope this won't drag and turn into a bunch of trouble.

Sorry to hear of your ebay troubles. See if ebay will block negative feedback from this guy which will no doubt come your way.

Keep trying. A nice pair may show up close to home. Always best to see and hear them first and drive them home yourself. Best to be patient although I know it's extremely difficult in these situations.

Edit: I see you're in Canada. It may be difficult to find a pair close by. Looks like shipping is most likely in your future. Good luck.

Good luck with those Heresy's marcelin. Let us know if you get them.

I'm in B.C. also, and it took a while, but I found a pair of 75 Corns and a pair of 76 Khorns all within an hour from home. Keep checking ebay (.ca and .com), the buyandsell website in BC and Alberta, and the Klipsch forum. I think all of my purchases originated here on the forum.

-PB

well I went and had a go at the heresys, only to find a huge lack of bass! so I guess I'll keep looking for kg4.

the heresys are in decent condition. looks to me that they where painted over oak finish, one little paint chip exposed the under layer of oak...

the guy want 300$us ( well 400$cdn) in southern alberta...

marcelin - I'm not familiar with shipping from US to Canada, but did the auction you won state that the $65 shipping was US only, or would it be reasonable to assume that they meant US only? IOW, is it more expensive to ship to Canada and would it be correct to assume a seller would ship to Canada for the same price as stated? I don't know the answers -- just posing the ?s.

marcelin , the kg 4's are going to be better in some respects just by looking at the specs. the kg4s handle 100 wt conts and the 2's only 65 wts conts. of course this is thermal continuous handeling but it still matters. and the sensitivity is about 4db higher than the kg2's. 4db is going to be noticable. id go with the kg 4's vs the kg 2's even though I ve never heard them

by the way- what does the "ICG" in the product description mean. is it injected carbon graphite or something like that?? I know the newer synergy pair that I have is img cone. that stands for injected medium/molded/? graphite- I think.

thanks, I hope im not hijacking this thread.

scp53

I think you were right to trust your ears. When you say the bass was weak, do you mean to say that it was weak compared to what you have now, or was the bass weak compared to other Heresys? We all know that the 'horn vs cone' is going to produce a bright midrange, but I've never known Heresys to be lacking in the low end. There might have been something amiss with that system which the speakers were simply allowing you to hear.

If the KG4s are in mint condition, the $315 including shipping is not too bad of a price, especially considering you would be done looking for a pair.

I bought my KG4s new in 1985 and choose them over the Heresys because of the lower base response and because they were about $250 less than the Heresys as I recall. I was really impressed with the passive sub. The KG4s really rocked my little apartment I had at the time!

• 2 weeks later...

thank you guys

I have been away fro the pc for a while, sorry for taking so long to catch up.

the shipping was for US. I live a few minutes drive from the boarder and I was planning to drive to the us to get them to Canada myself.

I'd love to hear a pair of kg4 I'll be patient, hopefully some will come up