RB5-II

dkp

I can pick up a pair of these for $300. They were the floor models, but have only one very minor wood "dent" on the side of one of the speakers. They would carry the Klipsch warranty. Good deal? (color is blond maple)

David

GREAT DEAL. Don't pass these up... I bought mine for 450ish dollars in December and that was allready a great price for them. If you dont mind about the minor cosmetic damage then its definately worth getting, especially with warranty. Go for it!

Thanks for the input everyone. I am looking at these speakers for our family room, which is also our temporary home theater. We are planning to start finishing our basement in the very near future and moving the theater down there. However, we would also like to have a pair of speakers on the main floor and are trying to decide the best setup. The bookshelf-style speakers are nice because they produce good sound and are not very noticeable in the room. But I just happened across a set of floor model Rf-7s that I could get for about $900 and this is confusing the issue.

David

I know that feeling very well! Making the decisions from the numerous possibilities is the hard part. I am fighting that decision battle now as well! I think the only way you can go wrong is if you over extend yourself (which I am trying desperately not to do!)

Good luck!

D-Rex,

LOL-I wouldn't overextend myself, but I don't know how much is too much to spend on audio/video in a year's time!!! Everything you see in my profile has been puchased since sept/oct of last year!!! Kudos to my wife, but how much can a woman take?!!

Those RF-7s at $900 look awefully tempting though...

David

----------------

On 7/13/2004 11:18:23 AM dkp wrote:

D-Rex,

LOL-I wouldn't overextend myself, but I don't know how much is too much to spend on audio/video in a year's time!!! Everything you see in my profile has been puchased since sept/oct of last year!!! Kudos to my wife, but how much can a woman take?!!

Those RF-7s at $900 look awefully tempting though...

David

----------------

The question isn't how much is too much (because even 'enough' is never enough therefore too much simply doesn't exist.) It seems you and I are similar in another respect. How much can a woman take is the correct question. My wife flipped a gasket on me because I made a judgement call without discussing it with her. Ultimately I think it will be the right call because I was on the verge of over-extending my audio budget in a very short amount of time.

I am not sure I could pass on a pair of RF-7s for $900 simply because you save two ways. First, you won't find a better price and, two, you won't have the additional cost of having to upgrade once you tire of the (fill in the blank) that you bought instead.

Good luck!