Where can I find new Forte's?

Where are you located? How much are you willing to spend? Would you be interested in a pair of Forte II's and a matching Academy? All three are in Walnut Oil finish. They are in A+ shape, physically and sonically.

You might be able to find some here on the forum, like istari's. Otherwise, since Klipsch isn't making them any more, your best source is eBay, www.audiogon.com, or your local want-ads. Mint condition will probably run you somewhere between $500-750, depending on location for shipping.

Well, I listen to Klipschorns in a 12x12x12 triangle -- I don't have a wall behind my head though.

Looks like you have an opportunity to pick up some near mint Forte IIs NOW. It might be months before a set of Chorus IIs come up in the condition you're looking for. Besides, the Forte IIs will do very well in that room.

I do know from experience that the chorus2 sound better than the forte2, I have had both. I am a klipschorn man, but when my home will not permit khorns, I always find a set of chorus2s, I am on my 2nd set of them, this is the 2nd time in my life that I have moved into a house that dosent have corners for k-horns,I have had 2 sets of them also. I have tried the forte2, and missed the chorus2.I am interested in trying the belle, anyone compare to chorus2s?

AintJoM0mma,

Sounds like you are fairly close. B'more is around two hours from here. I live in Martinsburg, WV, just off of I-81.

I just resold a pair of Cornwalls to "Cornwwalled" yesterday. I bought them from him over a year ago with the intention of refinishing them but never got around to it. Anyway they are back "home" with Cornwalled in Stroudsburg, PA.

The Forte IIs were purchased in 93 and were originally intended as rear surrounds for my K-horns. They haven't seen much use, about as much as the Academy which I used as a center for the K-horns.

I need to talk to the wife and see what the cost will be. Really don't want to Ebay them if at all possible.

Gosh no Neo, my Classic Klipsch knowledge is really poor. If it wasn't for the likes of Bob Crites, AL K, John Albright, Tom Mobley, and some others here -- I would still be in grade school. As it is, I'm finally in junior high!!

I would agree with radiob-I have both Forte II and Chorus II. I started with the Forte II in my HT, and lived with them for nearly 8 years. Then I heard a pair of Chorus IIs and knew I had to get them. As much as I like the Forte IIs, great upper end and fabulous bass, the Chorus IIs have an even smoother upper end, even though you give up a bit of bass. I compensate for that with my sub, but I still have the Forte IIs; they are my surrounds.

You can't go wrong with either set. Chorus II is about 3-4" bigger in all dimensions than the Forte II, and has a 15" woofer and passive, whereas the Forte II has a 12" woofer with the 15" passive. It would be a tough choice...for HT, if you had a sub, I would not hesitate to go Chorus II. If it were HT w/o a sub, I think I'd lean towards the Forte II. If it were 2-ch...tough choice. Slightly better highs with the Chorus II, but slightly better bass with the Forte II. See if you can audition one or either pair first and then make a decision on your tastes.