My first stereo!

Cleve

First Stereo: 1966 Zenith, could fold up. If I wanted more volume, I used a microphone that I would run through a Fender Princeton Amplifier. Neighbors on the other half of the double hated it. Moved up to a Fisher Walnut Console.

First radio: a Zenith (small) and also an RCA, leather case, had a handle that you could use to set it so it would stand. Would love to find a working one available. Sitting on the porch in the summer, listening to Ray Charles, a song by a group that started "It's summertime, summertime, sum, sum Summertime.

Just being a kid, bananacycles (like fudgecycles. Worst thing to worry about was being at the drug store when the new comic books came in.

Well, like the Rod Stewart song - and we never thought we'd grow old.....

("When We Were The New Boys.")

dodger

My first stereo (if you want to call it that) was a GE Mustang - a flip up turntable with detachable speakers (all plastic naturally). It got me through college ('68 to '72). When I got my first job after school I spent my first paycheck on a Lafayette receiver, Criterion speakers and a Garrard turntable. I later upgraded to a HK receiver, BIC cassette recorder, B&O turntable and Bose (I know, I know but back in 1980 they sounded pretty good) 601 speakers. About two years ago I upgraded to a Denon AVR3802 and Klipsch RB5II, RC3II, RS3II speakers with a KSW12 sub.

I like those pictures of the old transistor radios. In high school I had one and used to stay up nights with one glued to my ear, listening to a DJ named Joey Reynolds on WKBW out of Buffalo, NY. That guy was funny as hell.

----------------

On 7/19/2004 10:00:28 AM lovedrummin wrote:

I later upgraded to a HK receiver, BIC cassette recorder, B&O turntable and Bose (I know, I know but back in 1980 they sounded pretty good) 601 speakers.

----------------

Bose 601's ?! Were those the ones that looked like a dehumidifier??3.gif