Electrical Conductivity of Metals

Jay481985

After a heated topic with another forum member I decided to quote the electrical Conductivity of certain metals. This thread can be found here http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=52054&pageNo=1&num=30&sessionID={624A278D-0250-4A78-B42C-F11AB0C36632} Basically I put most of the common metals and such electrical conductivity at 68 degrees farenheit. The quoted numbers come from CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.

Man, that thread was pretty brutal.

Interesting post, I had seen a high wattage woofer that used a side-wound aluminum voice coil and was wondering specifically about what was up with that... clearly intended to use the added resistance and heat conducting ability of aluminum to absorb "extra" current and dissipate it as heat.

Thanks for the info.

DM2.gif

Ah !! takes me back to my power engineering days . Good old thermodynamics

Let me see if i remember right ? Original length or volume x coefficient of material x delta theda . Will give you the correct heat expansion ratio for metal expansion over a specific tempature change .

Dam that hurt my head just thinking about that math again . lol

Yes, I am ***-tute -- ha ha.

I read your post in the other section regarding what happened when you were messing around with changing the internal cabling around in your K-horns. You could really hear the difference?