Tubes complement of EICO and H.H. Scott equipment

Istari

Gents,

A friend of mine at work has told me that he has a large quantity of tubes from an old family friend.

He is willing to give a few away as he really doesn't know what to do with them anyway.

Could any of the "Tube Experts" tell me what tubes I should be looking at for the H.H. Scott 222 and LK-72 kit?, and the tubes for an EICO ST-70?

Thanks!

Istari, the LK72 will be 5ar4 x1, 12ax7 x4, 7591 x4, and 7199 or 6hu8 x2, I believe. 6BQ5s(aka 7189) are good, 12au7, KT 66 or 88s, and 6550s are good, el34, are good also. A lot of the EICO and Dynaco tubes were Mullards, which are good.

Shoot, make sure most anything Mullard, Telefunken, Amperex, Bugle Boy, and Genelex are set aside until one of the tube gurus has a say if your friend is willing. Good luck.

6U8 for the rectifier is good. (Telefunken 6U8 is wonderful) The Scotts can also use 5751 tubes as a replacement for the 12AX7 but only in the line stage, they operate at 70% efficiency (triple mica blackplates are very sweet: GE, Sylvania or RCA).

I am looking for 12BH7 Blackplates for my McIntosh MC-30.

Please tell your friend to take a look at a site like: http://www.audiotubes.com/12au7.htm to get an idea of what tubes are worth anything and makes and such. These are retail prices, not quite double what ebay tubes are going for, depending on the tube.

Don