klipsch's home theater equivelant for the Pro Media series?

synapse

I remember Klipsch at one time offering a speaker package called the Quintet that seemed to be the home theater 5.1 equivelant for the Pro Media's. It doesn't appear to be on the web site anymore. Can anyone tell me what would be the closest equivelant package from Klipsch for a home theater setup to the Pro Media's in terms of sound quality and price range?

syn, look under home audio=>synergy=>microsystems

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

Thanks for the heads up man. Even though they look identical, are they? Or do they just use similar casings as the Pro Media's. I love my Pro Media's and my parents would like to upgrade their speakers for their home theater, but don't want to go crazy on them, I don't think there is a better value for the money spent than the Pro Media's. These would be the exact same speakers simply without the minijack connectors used for computers?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

syn, yea that & for the quints u have to bring your own

amp. i think- i just have a lil aura 2.1 powered sys for my computer. rocks ok for the $80.

could be a toughy caus this transcends the promedia & HT areas. sure someone here could give u better insight though Eyes.gifSmile.gif

if your parents' living room or den where they want to setup HT is larger than 12 x 12 don't waste your time or theirs on the quintets...

just my real-world experience.

------------------

Front: dbx Soundfield V - 15" woofer, 8" mid, ribbon tweet, 3.25" mid & dome tweet on top

Center: KLF C7

Rear Surround: Polk f/x bipole/dipole

Amp: Yamaha RX-V990 100x3; 25x2

DVD: Yamaha DVD S795 (built-in DD Processor)

CD: Yamaha CDC 575 5-Disc

VCR: Toshiba M752 6-head

TV: Mitsubishi 40" Tube

DirecTV

Sony Playstation w/ s-vid & RCA to V990 for awesome gaming picture & sound!

This message has been edited by drewzter on 07-20-2001 at 08:13 AM

If you really want quintets, everyone and their dog is selling them cheap on ebay. But, from what I've heard, they're really not that great. I recommend getting something better; Klipsch makes a lot of good speakers- you can find some of them that are pretty cheap. Does size matter to you at all? Are you trying for the same size as the Pro Medias, or are you just looking for sound quality?

This message has been edited by Jo-Jo on 07-20-2001 at 10:21 AM

Surely if little Bose Acoustamass systems can satify people for a home theater (who knows why), then the Quintets with a nice sub would definatly be a step up from Bose. This is assuming that the size of the system is playing a big factor in the decision. If its not so much the size, maybe look into the Synergy 6 setup. Gotta say though, I love my KLFs if size isnt a factor!

For their purpose, the Quintets are great speakers. They fit a certain price and size point. As mentioned, though, don't expect them to work well in a really large room. But my Dad has them in a 12x12 room and they sound just great, for him.

If you want to use them for music very much, though, and you can swing a little extra cash and space, check the Synergy System 6.

Doug

Energy makes great mini home theater systems...

I'm thinking Take 5, Take 5.2 or Encore!.

check them out, I'd bet they would beat the Quintets.

man it almost hurts saying that... being honest is hard sometimes.