Zenith dvb318

TIbor

Funny I was just going to post about this player from my first dvd w/ it. I did not notice a difference in the picture quality, I ran the components cables to the hdtv. The pushed the up conversion button on the player. But nothing seemed to happen, no little symbol verify that it was upconveting or anything like that. I will look into the thread posted above, maybe I missed something, but as for now I am disappointed

Thanks

I went through some of those hundreds of post on the avs forum. Lots of info!

It seems that the 1080i option is the choice to go with. But I thought a progessive signal was better than a interlaced? I figured out to stop the disc first last night! Hey did you apply any one of those firmware patches or plan to?

Thanks

----------------

On 7/21/2004 6:45:08 PM TIbor wrote:

I went through some of those hundreds of post on the avs forum. Lots of info!

It seems that the 1080i option is the choice to go with. But I thought a progessive signal was better than a interlaced? I figured out to stop the disc first last night! Hey did you apply any one of those firmware patches or plan to?

Thanks

----------------

The players optimal output is 1080i over component.

Nope on the firmware - if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

I agree with Kenstr. Do not get caught up with the differences in progressive versus interlaced - yes, there is some difference if the number of lines is the same, but this player puts out a much nicer picture in 1080i (vs. 720p). Tested it with both HD and ED sets, plasma and rear projection. It is the real deal. I would also not go for the firmware patches or for future software upgrades. Again, if it is not broken (to your use), do not fix it. Also, in the future, I would not trust the software updates, just in case Zenith decides to disable the component upscaling in the process.

Carl.