I finally bought them!!!!

Well I finally did it, I bought a pair of mint condition Forte I's. I had the choice of getting II's but everyone says the I's are smoother. Just wondering, how does the Forte *I* compare to the Chorus II and Cornwall II (I never asked that before)? If you dont want to answer thats fine, im just curious. I finally bought them!! 9.gif , cant wait to hear them on my Jolida 302B.

Still not sure if I should have gotten the RF-5. People say its really incredible....

What should I expect when I plug them in? Should I be blown away, will the sound surround me? Will I have to sit down because I will have a heart attack when I hear them? 9.gif (cause theyre so good)

Thanks for all your help!!!! 9.gif9.gif9.gif16.gif16.gif

Well, Whooz your mama? Well done. A big step in the right direction. Be prepared for shocksville! It'll take a while before your ears adjust to the dynamics and clarity of a true Klipsch classic. It's apparent in not just the sheer loudness of the music, but in the little things.

You'll hear all the harmonics of an acoustic guitar string, the actual wood body of the guitar. The drawing of a breath in closely miked vocals. It's all there. And other things too - you'll hear stuff in recordings that you didn't even know were there. Welcome to true musical reproduction. Now all we have to do is get you interested in some decent music!

Fortes go a bit lower than the Chorus. Chorus is more efficient and is a bit more dynamic. Forte is great speaker .. massive sound out of a modest size enclosure, with bass that's hard to believe. Voicing is very similar betw. Forte and Chorus.

Leo

Relax, enjoy and get used to the sound.

Contact Dean later if you want to upgrade the crossovers. These speakers will do you wonderfully for many years. The Fortes will rock as much as you want, dance music too, so you are set. When you are finally making big bucks, then you can look at a pair of Khorns.

Down the road, an integrated tube amp, or a good used SS amp for the interim will do nicely. Eventually a good set of monoblocks and a tube preamp, but wait until you can afford something decent. Cheap tube equipment can be a big disappointment.

I would have died and gone to heaven with a set of Fortes when I was 14. You should feel very lucky, I didn't get my Cornwalls until I was 23.

----------------

On 7/19/2004 12:25:12 PM WhoozYoDaddy wrote:

I have a good integrated tube. The Jolida 302B, 50 watts per channel. Some mods. Cost me $750
14.gif

They will rock, but will they do everything else good to?

----------------

I have been favorably impressed with my Jolida 302B I bought from a fellow forum member. A few mods have made it even better. It'll rock, roll and rap, you'll be fine!!

Rick

The cornies will eat up a LOT more space, and want a bigger room to really wallop. Ditto for the Khorns but even MORE space.

The Forte, you'll find, will probably put this weird grin on your face that you won't be able to wipe for a long time... if ever. ^.^

Even after I get the house I want, and have multiple systems, my current set of Fortes will have a home somwhere. Probably in the bedroom... which is where they are now. I can't fit Cornies in here 1.gif

For the living / entertaining room I'm pondering a totally retro curveball.. since in parties and such there's people milling about, no one cares about imaging etc, why not stuff ONE cornerhorn into a corner, and run it with a really stout mono (yes, mono!) tube rig? Perhaps 2 300Bs in parallell, should be about 12 watts.. acceptable party machine? 3.gif Hmm or 6BQ5.. yeah..

----------------

On 7/19/2004 1:51:03 PM WhoozYoDaddy wrote:

JUST MY LUCK!!!!

The day after I buy my fortes, I see $600 La Scalas, $900 Belles, and FREE KHORNS!!!! This is not a happy day

Hey if I ever wanted to upgrade...What difference would a Cornwall make?

----------------

Don't even worry about that stuff. It's way to big for your room anyway. Enjoy your Forte's.

P.S. Glad you're not shipping them.