Advice Needed

Sutter Cane

Ok, here's my dilemma. Although I've been shopping around for the RF-35's and it's maching center and surrounds, I really would like the RF-7's but simply can't afford them.

I can however afford the RB-75's. So basically what I'm asking is, which way would you guys go? Which would you guys buy?

I don't really give a hoot on weather they're floor or bookshelves. I just want to get as close to what the 7's can do and offer as I can.

Thanks in advance!

Sutter Cane 1.gif

CORNWALLS.

For $800-1100, you can have performance that will be at least as good as the RF-7's. Great sounding and built to last longer than you. Yes, you would need to find them used, but they are certainly available. Add Heresys for surround/center duty to complete the package.

HERITAGE KLIPSCH IN HT RULES THE PLANET - and your living room.

The above RB75 suggestion isn't bad either, but Cornwalls will best that setup.

Sutter, I thought you sold your Axioms because your wife was sick. Is she doing better? Hope so. Are you planning to use your speakers primarily for HT or 2 channel? Are you planning on a sub? I would think that the RB's with a sub are going to be close to the RF's in sound, but I personally have not heard that set up. Carl

Carl:

I did sell my Axioms for that reason, and yes she is. She's schedule for surgery on the 23rd.

This is something that wouldn't be done right away, as far as a possible Klipsch purchase goes. Right now I'm merely doing research to not only give me an idea of what possibly to buy later on down the road, but also to help take my mind off of all that's going on.

It's a tremendous amount of stress that I'm under, and home theater shopping/research/talking/whatever, helps me stay strong. It helps me relax a little and take my mind off the seriousness of her condition.

Again, I don't have the funds right now to drop on anything. All the money that's being brought in weather it's through paychecks, selling of my gear, or contributions made by friends or whoever, is all being used to help cover my wifes medical expenses.

I'm just doing a little research to help me take my mind of things, and give me an idea of what to possibly consider once I'm in the position to start rebuilding my system again.

Sutter Cane