Should I make this trade?????

speedbump

Hello all,

I am contemplating a trade. I would be trading my shiny new medium oak KLF-C7 for a shiny old Academy, also in medium oak. Has anyone heard both centers with the Chorus/Forte/Quartet mains? Will the improvement in timbre match to my Choruses outweigh the loss of the factory warranty and all of that "newness". Plus, the KLF is the first "new" Klipsch speaker I have ever owned...we've already bonded.

Drat....I hate to part with anything (especially my babies). Reassurance that this is a good idea is welcomed. Naysayers please weigh in as well.

Thanks,

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Fronts

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

Klipsch Heresy I Surrounds

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

If it was me I would make the trade. The Acadamy will match your speakers much better then the KLF-C7 is going to do. And in all reality.....do you really think you would ever need the factory warranty anyhow?

If you don't do the trade, and the person still wants to sell the Acadamy......drop me a PM or an email.

Good Luck.

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video and Component Cables

My friend has Forte's and I have loaned him my Academy. It sounds great!! I would make the trade. If you ever want to sell it, I think the Academy will eventually have a bigger demand and fetch a higher price (maybe not today, but eventually).

Speed,I know too well about the bonding thing.

Anyway,yes do the trade!!!!

My last system(sold to buy this house)was Academy center,Chorus I's mains,was a great match.The tweeter in the Chorus(K-79),Quartet(K-76)(same as Academy)Forte(K-75,is in the same family.And are all 90X60 Exponential.

Don't for get the cost difference when both were new,$400 compared to say $600 and age difference,can you haggle with him.Who wants the trade more,you or him?

Just a thought.But the Academy is a very sought after center.

Thanks for your replies everyone,

Steve, I guess I probably want the trade more. I got a pretty good deal on the KLF, and I of course want my front array to match as much as possible. I just wish I could hear them both with my Chorus at the same time rather than make the swap and try to judge after the KLF is gone. I'm pretty sure with the current situation that I could pick up another KLF on the cheap if I wanted to compare the two...but I MUST HAVE THAT ACADEMY Smile.gif

The trade solution feeds the Klipsch monster with no further investment on my part....I guess I have to jump.

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Fronts

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

This message has been edited by speedbump on 07-20-2001 at 06:05 PM

Well, Speed, my guess is you will have a permanent bump on your backsideroad to Klipsch Glory if you fail to make this trade. I love my KLF C-7 but it looks like it may also be headed for permanent retirement to some other system. From what I remember of Academy, that's the right Klipsch Sound you now. I agree with the rest, An Academy are much easier to replace than C-7's... and should continue to be. Take a photo with your C-7 and put it in your "Hope K-horn Chest" and march on up your upgrade path. Maybe this time the means justifies the reward...cwm12.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-20-2001 at 06:22 PM

Keep encouraging me.......Steve P. started me thinking about selling the KLF-C7 and paying the owner of the Academy his asking price...........but on the other hand, for as much as I have in this system so far (about 450 bucks total cash output since the adventure began) I could probably just let it go and thank him for being willing to part with the long lost mate to my Chorus.

Thanks to the gumby-armed employees of FedEx, the Chorus were free. The KLF-C7 was financed by the money I made from my first set of Heresies, which I bought and sold within a week after UPS damaged them. My beautiful walnut laquer Heresy I's were worth every penny I paid for them, and will remain flawless(if I can help it)long after they are replaced as surrounds and relegated to the tube system I am planning for my completed workshop/lab/den/doghouse.

I can only aspire to the Klipsch-madness that has gotten its claws into you HornEd, although your quest has a higher purpose than mine. I do find it easier and easier to justify my purchases these days though. Rationalization, like other skills, improves with practice...hehe.

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Fronts

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center

speedbump:

Go for the Academy! Look at it this way: If you didn't like the Academy, (yeah... right) you could sell it and buy another KLF-C7 and have money left over. I came across an Academy, now it's out of circulation (permanently).

Tony

This message has been edited by Tony Reed on 07-21-2001 at 07:44 AM

Ok, The deal is done. One used medium oak Academy is on it's way to lovely Kokomo, IN. Thanks for your encouragement. I'll let you know how it sounds.

( I took a few photos of the KLF....you know... to remember it by)

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Fronts

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center