Klipsch THX Ultra for large rooms?

basse

Hello all,

I do have a room of 22 square meters. 6.8x3.2 meters.

Are the Ultra set designed for very large rooms or can I use it

with good result. I dont wanna spend this kind of money if its not

working 100%.

I do have RS-7 and RF-35, the RF-35 is just for for a month...

I was also thinking of keeping my RS-7 and buy RF-7 if the Ultra wasnt

any better. But the RF-7s are very big, so maybe the THX fronts will be a better choice?

I see that the THX Wide dispersion costs approx the same as RS-7.

The only thing when it comes to money, I think the sub is pretty expensive with the amplifier. I am living in Norway.

Well, I hope someone can give me some comments and if any of you have bought this Ultra set 1.gif

It will be for 95% home theater, 5% music.

It my opinion that the ProMedia Speaker Series (including the 5.1 Ultras), as a whole, are primarily designed for near-field monitoring situations, rather than for filling an entire room with full-bodied sound. With that said, that is NOT to say that they are not capable of creating a good sonic experience in other applications such as the one you describe. But, they were not originally designed for such a purpose and therefore may be bested by other systems that are more approriate in such a setting. Definitely, without question, the RF-7 will out-do the Ultras in any large-room situation! That is what the RF-7 was designed for. I own both the Ultras and the RF-7s and I can confirm that each has its place. And they both do extremely well in those places! But, to compare the two is really apples-to-oranges.

Please review my system profile and you will see that my home theater utlizes many of the speakers you have mentioned. As for their performance, I can sum that up in one word: Thrilling!

i believe the ultras are supposed to be better than the RF series...at least as far as HT is concerned. The line just came out and I'm yet to hear of anybody purchasing them and writing what they thought of the sound.

As far as your room...i wouldn't worry about size too much. you could go a lot bigger before it becomes an issue.

I heard the Ultra 2 setup in Indy last June. It was impressive and should sound great in your room.

The thing to remember is that the Ultra 2 was designed to be a HT system folling the THX Ultra 2 specs. Its key features are the impressive twin subs and the three identical front speakers. The three identical fronts make a very nice front ballanced sound, but are not designed to be a full range speaker like the larger RF or Heritage.

If you trully plan to do a 95% HT and 5% listening, the Ultra 2 should be nice. If you do more listening you may want to consider a larger scale RF or Heritage speakers since they have a fuller spectrum of sound.

The engineers at Klipsch did a very good job of pointed this out to us at our visit in Indy last June.

IMO - the Heritage series does a much better job for HT and Listening than either the Ultra 2 or RF series if you truly want a kick but HT experience.

JM

• Klipsch Employees

The THX Ultra 2 system is for music and HT. Thus the Ultra 2 spec.

The system will fill your room very well. My guess is that you could reach SPL of 120+ db.

Do you know where your local dealer is. IF not, contact customer service and they can put you in contact with them.

support@klipsch.com

YOu may have to wait for a bit to get them...I don't think they have shipped to Norway yet.

but soon...

Thanks everybody.

I do have that feeling that the Ultra has the big advantage because of the subs, am I right?

Trey Cannon and others:

Would you choose Ultras 6.1 or RF-7,RC-7,RS-7?

Maybe the RF-7s need larger room than the small Ultras? (THX625's)

I know this is a difficult question, but for you who have listenened to both, what should I do? Or what will be the best result....?

I was thinking of two RW12s or 1 RSW12/15 with the 7s.

thanks

• 1 month later...