A new low

jzoz01

Indyklipschfan; If the price paid was a bit higher, this "service" could be thrown in on the deal. If I don't need it, I sure wouldn't care to pay for it. What line of work are you in, or know of, where the profit margin is large enough to throw in services such as this?

Send a guy how far, for how long, in what vehicle with who's insurance, with what tools? I know I wouldn't do it for free.... how's about you?

6.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also worked retail and some people are dumber than rocks. Then there are the people who only want this one little part to fix their 20 year old item and are ticked off that that part is included in a $15 kit for a product that went out of production 18 years ago and was a POS when it was new!

Seeing as that we are on invoice # 10,547, I feel entitled to have an opinion on this issue. We fix cars and trucks. That usually involves a part, or several parts, and the labor to install them. With the advent of all the computerized equipment on vehicles these days, a good portion of that labor charge is often diagnosing the fault in the first place.

We often have people that want to fix their vehicle themselves, but have no idea what is wrong, so bring it in for just the diagnosis. Sometimes they'll have us get the part or parts required, then say they can install the part themselves in order to save the labor charges. Should we offer the labor for free since they bought the parts from us? Should we offer them the special tools required to do the job since they bought the parts from us? Should we walk them through the special procedures on the phone? These people are obviously not mechanics, yet seem to think anyone with half a brain can do the job we do. This lady was obviously not an audio installer, and thought she could save herself the cost of paying someone since it apparently only takes half a brain to hook up 6 or 8 wires. I feel jzoz was well justified to be a little miffed with this lady. He sold her the parts. He then offerd installation for a fee. The customer declined. Then she realized how complicated it was, and still didn't want to pay for the install? Maybe I should try that trick with my builders... if I buy all the rafters from them, planning to install them myselves, then decide I can't, do you think they'd come out and do it for free since I did, after all, buy them from them. You'd think the customer service aspect would include any and all labor for any materials purchased, wouldn't you?

2.gif9.gif2.gif

----------------

On 7/27/2004 8:53:52 AM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 7/27/2004 8:21:35 AM cluless wrote:

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/boxes.jpg">

Now this is a great system....The infamous 7 can-nel rotel amp with

RF-7s.

----------------

I don't know there Clueless. Those speakers probably sound awefully boxey, and that amp probably sounds very tinny.
11.gif

----------------

So that would be Blose right skonopa?! 9.gif

----------------

On 7/29/2004 5:11:42 PM PAR69 wrote:

----------------

On 7/27/2004 8:53:52 AM skonopa wrote:

I don't know there Clueless. Those speakers probably sound awefully boxey, and that amp probably sounds very tinny.
11.gif

----------------

So that would be Blose right skonopa?!
9.gif

----------------

11.gif Good one! 9.gif