A new low

jzoz01

"All the speakers were still in the sealed boxes!"

Thats imposible! man.. have I been sheltered from all these low IQ people. Reading these stories is cracking me up big time... How can people that are this stupid manage their daily lives?(without running into cars or something)

15.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/25/2004 12:50:55 AM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 7/25/2004 12:39:18 AM Ray Garrison wrote:

People that folded a 5.25" disk in half so it would fit in the 3.5" slot on the Macintosh;

----------------

Oh, I could do one better than that! While in college, I also did work as one of the lab assistants for the main computer lab on campus (hey a few free course credits plus some money on the side!).

I've seen the "folded a 5.25-inch disk to fit a 3.5-inch drive" situation myself. However, we had one student that actually took a pair of scissors and
trimmed a 5.25-inch disk
to fit it in a 3.5-inch drive! He than had the nerve to get all pi$$y with us when he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. Fortunatly no situations where somebody try to insert a CD-ROM in a 5.25-inch drive since CD-ROM drives were not quite readily available at the time (late '80s, early '90s). Did have somebody that tried to insert a 3.5 into a 5.25 drive.

----------------

I had a support tech at my old employer tell me that an end user called the help desk to report that his coffee holder was no longer functioning on his workstation. He asked to open a trouble ticket and schedule repair. The tech arrived in his cube the next day and confirmed what he had suspected all along. The users CD-R had failed.

Reminds me of something my sister-in-law did a few years ago. She called me since I'm the banker in the family to tell me she really needed to start saving money so she got a $10,000 cash advance on her credit card to open a savings account.6.gif

True story.

I always wonder what really stupid people talk about when they get together. I wonder what kind of pet peeves they have, or worse yet -- what do THEY consider to be "stupid".

I think you need a shrink to help you figure out what possessed you spend that much time on the phone with her.

What should really concern you guys about people like this woman is that:

a) They look just like you & I and are in and around us every day. 8.gif

B) They are allowed to vote. 8.gif

Tom

ps: Hey Trey...so you don't get in trouble with us, why don't you just tell us about the bonehead stuff you've seen folks at Klipsch do?? 6.gif9.gif

While I would not base intelligence on how well someone could understand setting up a HT rig, or geekiness in general, not hooking up the speakers is pretty damn funny. When you pointed this out, did she do one of those "DuH!" slaps to the forehead, or was she still puzzled?

----------------

On 7/27/2004 8:21:35 AM cluless wrote:

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/boxes.jpg">

Now this is a great system....The infamous 7 can-nel rotel amp with

RF-7s.

----------------

I don't know there Clueless. Those speakers probably sound awefully boxey, and that amp probably sounds very tinny. 11.gif

I too was in retail for more than what was beneficial to my financial life :) (13 years)

After working the Audio Dept. for 18 months (HT wasn't big yet in 1983) I was transferred to being the store's Firearms Dealer and running said dept. After a couple years on a typical day a man stumbles up to my counter and begins staring at the handguns the same way most people do. He leans on the display case and reaches into his pocket to pull out $250. He mumbles, "What .357 can I git fer 250 bucks?" Knowing he's three sheets to the wind I didn't open the case but looked inside with him to take an impromptu inventory of what I had. After we looked for a minute we decided he didn't have enough money. I asked him about what kind of ammo would he be needing. He said, "Oh, I only need one bullet." "Sir? Let me call one of my other stores and see if they have a less expensive model (wink, wink)", he said that would be fine. "Hello? District 3 Police Station? This is Tom Blasing at Swallen's Gun Dept. on Glenway. I have a drunk customer in here that wants to buy a gun and one bullet....."

Police came and helped him stagger out of the building where he went across the street, sat down on a park bench and fell asleep.

I have more stories not nearly as calm as this one.

Another story:

One night working the Audio Counter at the same store some years before I witnessed a co-worker waiting on a couple of guys from some foreign country (Mexico?). The salesman was writing up a sales ticket for the items being sold and asking the purchaser if he needed speaker wire, stereo stand etc. Meanwhile the customer's accompaniment was humping one of the support pillars on the sales floor (pants still on, thank God)

----------------

On 7/23/2004 9:24:25 PM jzoz01 wrote:

Somewhat husky, late 40s, unattractive, and very very annoying. It was an eye opening expirience because I no longer fear hell.

----------------

jz...

This one is not directed to you..but It could maybe describe most of the pictures that I've seen.

WHY DON'T YOU TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELF AND DESCRIBE WHAT YOU SEE

AND BABY BABY DO YOU LIKE IT?

Me...I'm a legend in my own mind.

3.gif

jzoz01

Not to be a jerk.. but isn't that your J.O.B. to help her?

Obviously this was over her head... This same person with a great set up, and one he/she finds it easy to use will be a fantastic spokesperson for you, your work, and your store, and maybe lead other customers to you too.

I am amazed that more people do not get royally Pi$$ed off at spending thousands of dollars at any stereo store that do not get treated like a human beings. Especially for those that pay for the "privilage" of spending their high end money to fund your store and indirectly you too. I am tired of intellectually constipated stereo, HT, tube amp, SS amp,... you name it.... know it alls... who feel all general customers are beneath them, and their own breadth and width of knowlege.

We seem to want to make this hobby of audio so above the mainstreem sometimes to only allow like a secret fraternity people in... if they can pass the test and be just like "us" too.

I am sorry, IMO you spend money on audio, you need to have superior service with a smile, and say thank you a lot of times. Otherwise, those Bose cubes... or any other simple system with one or two set(s) of wires look pretty good. Think of how many local great stereo stores from the 70's and 80's are out of business and unable to compete with the best buys of the world?

Many, Many of those, could have been Heritage and Aragon stores? Along with all the "other" equipment too. At least when you go to a Best Buy.. (Sorry for those who have worked at BB, but it is the truth for the most part...) you EXPECT a pimply faced 16 yr old kid that knows diddly squat about nothing in life to a 20 something manager that knows maybe a little more. (barely)

The old days in a quiet room(s)... with select mid to upper level equipment at fair prices and great salesmen that are your "friends" trying to help you out, listening to your wants, needs, desires, and trying to help you...are long gone.

If I recall, jzoz01 did offer to help install her new purchases, but she refused. IMO I think he handled the situation quite well under the circumstances. Like m00n, I would've spouted off at the mouth how friggin' stupid she is, and charge her double for my time! Guess that's why I'm a warehouse manager at our Guitar Center store, and not a salesman. I don't have the patience to deal with dumba$$es who think they know everything. I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but at least I have some common sense, and to not let my stubborn pride get in the way if I admit I need help!

These jerks are dumber than a rock and have no business breeding a new generation of a$$ clowns! And when stupid people get together, they probably talk about how stupid and rude we are!7.gif

IndyKlipsch,

I think you might have missed the point.

This customer was offered the option of having the equipment installed professionally as part of the sale, and she turned down the offer, because "she could do it herself." She then proceded to tie up the salesman for four hours on the phone, rather than admit she couldn't do it herself and simply ask for help. She got angry when it didn't work, accusing the salesperson of incompetence when the actual problem was she simply didn't understand how to hook it up, and was unwilling to admit that. The fact that the speakers were still in the boxes when he got there simply indicates how little she really understood what she was trying to do, but still refused to ask for help.

I guessing you've never worked retail. I used to sell computers back when the IBM PC was the new kid on the block, and people were buying Apple IIs and S100 bus systems for their businesses. I can't tell you how many times I had people insist that they didn't need me to give them any sort of orientation, or teach them anything about the computer. Sometimes (not often, but sometimes) they were right - they didn't need my help, and did quite fine on their own. 80% of the time they found out they couldn't learn how to use the thing without help. Basic functions like copying a file from one disk to another (CPM says "pip b:=a:findname.ext" but pip is a file and must exist on one of the disks or you can't make a copy) were very obtuse, and without a background in the technology, or a very sharp mind and the willingness to throughly read the manuals before trying *ANYTHING* just about anyone was lost.

Some of those people, most I guess, usually called me up and said "Hey, I think I'm going to take you up on the computer class" and everything went fine. A lot of them, however, were like the lady in question. They'd screw up the computer, lose their files, never figure out how to run an application or get the printer to work, call me up every 30 minutes for days at a time getting angrier and angrier at *MY* incompetence in teaching them how to use the thing (still refusing my offer to come in and take a free class), and generally waste enormous amounts of my time and their time simply due to hubris. Very frustrating. I finally got to the point where I told people I wasn't going to deliver their computer to them until they'd taken our class, and if they didn't want to do that, they could go buy the computer someplace else. Lost a few sales that way, but didn't have any unhappy customers.

professionally installed... means big $$ I am sure.. What I meant in this particular case... after she had several phone calls.. Someone should have done it for her for free IMO as part of the sale.

I think a few of you MISS the point.

Thsi is an older woman.. take care of her.. dumb as she is!

I think you didn't miss the point, but the whole picture.

I mean its like going to a car dealer to buy a car. They offer to go over a service plan and schedule, but you decline. Ten thousand miles later you give them a call wondering why blue smoke is comming out your exhaust. Once they tell you that you were supposed to change your oil every three thousand miles you demand that they give you a new motor because they never told you that. I KNOW he was being very generous when he went to her house, despite her constant *****ing, the fact that she "doesn't need" help, and that she has already wasted four of his hours. Once you leave a store, the store is no longer liable for any damage, misuse, or setup unless the product is faulty, or there was a prearranged agreement.