Khorns4sale

My guess is that somebody will try to snipe those at $2300.

Remember that you can only inspect and hear them to decide if you want to buy BEFORE you win them, not after. Once you've put that winning bid in on ebay, you've bought em.

I think you should go look at the Oak ones.

I like your idea of a basement room for the Khorns, although I wouldn't use the Khorns in a HT system. They deserve to be in a dedicated 2 channel system. Use Reference for the HT.

There are plenty of ways to waterproof that space to have a system down there, and the sound would be great. You'd have your own space, not doubling with the family living room.

Double sump pumps is a good idea, and replacing one every 5 years, whether it needs it or not, is another good idea.

Greg

The seller of the oak Khorns just sold a John Deere tractor. Looking at the auction, there is a name and phone number. Alex, (765) 587-0101. Could be him, or he could have sold the tractor for a friend. Either way, you could probably get in touch with him easily.

Greg

Others that also work well are esnipe.com and bidnapper.com. They all give you a free trial period. Like Josh said, it's the only way to go. The best part, like he said, is you can cancel your snipe at any time if you change your mind which I do quite often.

Thanks all for the good info, especially on sniping. I've decided not to bid on any khorns for now, regardless of condition, location or price. Reasons why:

1. Even my 4000 sq ft home does not have a room befitting the mighty khorns, there are either doorways within 4 ft of corner, or baseboard (radient) heat that cannot be moved.

2. Even though there is no WAF here, room layouts just would make it difficult for khorn and furniture placement.

3. Having just reread the Belgian Audio report on Cornwalls.

4. Since I setup and REALLY LISTENED to my Cornwalls in my new surroundings (Family room with very thick carpet and real 3/4" thick pine panelling) I did not fully appreciate the rich, warm sound of these speakers.

Therefore, I'll continue my search for another pair of my beloved Corns. Guess I'll not graduate to the head of the class for a while, but from where I'm at it sounds pretty darned good!

Thanks again.

Michael