center channel KLF-C7

kilowattski

It's meant to match the KLF-30's that I have. If it's in black you should get rid of it as its most likely a dud and you should be nice and donate it to me. If you want to get rid of it let me know as I have been trying to find one for quite some time. As for the specs just check em out on the Klipsch website. As for c) I dunno. How did you come across the C7 and what made you buy it?

The KLF-C7 is black, and in very good condition.

The speaker came with the house we bought as did 2 Khorns.

I was orignally going to use the Khorns for left and right channels for home theatre, but I decided to dedicate the khorns for 2 channel audio in larger room that can provide greater speaker separation, but is not good for home theatre.

So now I'm trying to figure out how to do home theatre with 4 Heresy IIs and the KLF-C7. Looks like maybe I should try to find some KLF-10s/20s/30s.

Do you have an opinion about the difference between the KLF-10s/20s/30s?

Thanks

Dave

I almost went with a pair of KLF-20's as they sounded great! But, I knew that I would always regret not spending the extra bucks to get the KLF-30's. As I said the 20's were great and the 30's were better than great!

The only downside to KLF-30's is that some movie scenes appear louder than they were meant to be. My friends used to think I was crazy buying the 30's, they don't anymore and for some of them it was the first time that the audio portion of the movie scared them!

if you look at page three of the link i gave above it will give you the differences betwwen the 10,20,30. As far as how they sound, i never compaired. Alll i know is that i love my Klf-20's. They are a bit bright, but think that is due to my Yamaha reciever, which i have heard yamaha can cause that.

Hey all I have 20s and 30s in my system the differenes I noticed was the bass is tighter on the 20s, until I amped the 30s 200 by 2 the bass was not as controlled and as tight but now they are amazing 9.gif now that tey are amped they IMO have a bit more depth and the bass production is a bit better of course I have not amped the 20s yet so I guess it is an unfair comparison 5.gif anybody that has 30s just try amping them you won't be disappointed Rich

I had 2 now i have 1 . Gave one to a friend in return for some speakerlab khorn clones i wanted to play with .

The one i kept does center duties between a pair of khorns and lascala rears , complimented by 1 klipsch sw-300 and one klipsch sw-15 .

If your processor is worth it's salt !! then all your matching levels can be dealt with , the whole idea of matching center channels with mains is a giant pile of dog crap .

The processor can match up speakers with radicial differences if it's worth it's weight. If these functions are lacking then your component need more upgrading then your speakers. ( strickly HOME THEATER application )

Anyone intrested in a KLF-C7 ( in black ) should put there name in my PM box . I'm hunting for a belle as a center to ramp up my intrest in multi channel music more then 7.1 HT .I'll part with the C-7 as soon as i find my belle as i'll be running 4 klipschorns and 1 belle center .

Kilo,

I have the KLF-C7 center as well. I have it matched with a set of KLF-20's at the front. I LOVE the KLF-20's, and they're about all my living room can handle (roughly 19 X 17ft). I had a pair of KLF-10's, and they sounded great. The KLF-20's were a HUGE jump. If you have the money, I'd definitely get the 20's. They are 3-way as opposed to 2 way, have higher sensitivity, better power handling, and are ported much better. The guy I bought them from said he actually preferred the 20's to the 30's. I've never heard the 30's, but have heard others claim the 20's have a slightly better sound....although the 30's have more power. I would assume that the 20's may sound better in a small - medium sized room as well.

As far as the C7 center channel goes, I believe its frequency response is 70Hz - 20KHz at 99dB sensitivity. Power handling is 150 watts continuous, 600 watts peak.

So one recommendation was to use Heresy's for left, center and right. This intriques me, since I have Hersey's for rear and side (for 7.1) How would Heresy's compare to KLF C7 center and KLF 10/20/30s for left and right? Any opinions or actual systems out there configured either way?

Thanks

Kilowattski

Guest Anonymous

I use a KLF C7 center with my Heresy set up, and it works great (my Klipsch dealer recomendation)but if you have the extra dinero go for the Heresy center...Tony