Aragon

CECAA850

Has anyone out there heard the Aragon amps (multi channel) with the Reference line of speakers? Anything you could compare them to? Just looking for general input. You'd think with the Klipsch connection they would tailor their sound to compliment thier speaker characteristics. Thanks in advance for the response. Carl

I don't think that any new designs have emerged from Aragon since the acquisition by Klipsch. Additionally, I think since acquiring Aragon, Klipsch has missed the boat completely in aligning and marketing their products as compatible items. Even at my local Reference dealer, where they also market Aragon, the push is towards another brand, never towards Aragon. Even here on these boards you will see very littled action compared to here in the speaker area. It's sort of like Aragon is the lost child.

Someday, perhaps, the light will go on and the marketing Guru's at Klipsch will see what a dynamite combination of products they have.

----------------

On 7/26/2004 5:59:54 PM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

I don't think that any new designs have emerged from Aragon since the acquisition by Klipsch. Additionally, I think since acquiring Aragon, Klipsch has missed the boat completely in aligning and marketing their products as compatible items.
Even at my local Reference dealer, where they also market Aragon, the push is towards another brand, never towards Aragon
. Even here on these boards you will see very littled action compared to here in the speaker area. It's sort of like Aragon is the lost child.

Someday, perhaps, the light will go on and the marketing Guru's at Klipsch will see what a dynamite combination of products they have.
----------------

Same here, although the sales-guys usually speak very highly of the Aragon. I have never asked them why they don't carry them in-house. From what they have told me, damonpayne is right-there is definitely a "synergy" between the two.

David

I auditioned Aragon Stage 1 7.1 system with a pair of Klipchorns for 2 channel music and then with the Khorns and Belle (center) and klipsch dipole side and rear speakers for home theatre. At the time I was more interested in the 2 channel sound.

While the 7.1 system is impressive, for 2 channel audio I preferred a warmer sounding amplifier such as Anthem with the Khorns.

The Aragon high wattage system seem to be mismatched with highly efficient Khorns, at least for 2 channel music. I believe the Aragon amplifier uses bipolar transistors, and they tend to have sharper edge rates and higher frequency harmonics than FETs or tubes.

For home theatre, with less efficient speakers, the high wattage of the Aragon system may be better suited.

I have to say the Aragon amplifier and preamp with the blue hue LED lighting looks really cool.

Kilowattski