OT-Help finding arcades...

synthfreek

I'm going on vacation next week and I'm looking for some killer arcades. I'm ONLY interested in older pre-90's games. I don't care where it is if you know of a place that has a really cool 80's style arcade let me know. I'm talkin' about games like Phoenix, Gorf, Qix, Make Trax, all the Galaga sub games like Galaga Plus and Galaga '88 Galaga 3, Congo Bongo, Track and Field, Robotron, Defender, Jungle Hunt, Crystal Castles, Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, etc. Arcades with sites would be great. I'd rather not drive 200 miles out of the way to find a Ms. Pac Man in the middle of a bunch of newer games. I can go to the laundromat for that.

----------------

On 8/7/2004 4:29:39 PM synthfreek wrote:

I'm going on vacation next week and I'm looking for some killer arcades. I'm ONLY interested in older pre-90's games.

----------------

Oh boy, we got something in common here! Despite MAME and my HotRod SE controller, it is still not quite the same as playing the actual, bonafide cabinet. BTW, if you are looking for a particular game for MAME, PM me. I have the complete set of ROMS as of version 0.84

Anway, try this site:

Classic Arcade Game Locator

It seems to be pretty up-to-date, and you may find an arade that has plenty of the old classics near where you are planning on vacationing.

Also to add: I don't know where you are vacationing, but if you are going to Virginia Beach, may I suggest Flipper McCoy's? I've been in there myself on numerous occasions, and this is about as classic as you can get. Step into this place, and you are basically back into the '80s again.

----------------

On 8/9/2004 7:24:09 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

Hey Steve.

Conway Ho (owner of HAN-HO Games) is a friend of mine...I have the same system. I also have about 1300 coin-op games for the PC to go with it. What a cool system.

----------------

That HotRod controller is sweet, isn't it? The only thing I wish for now is an authentic Track-ball type controller, so I can play games like Marble Madness or Missle Command, instead of having to use the mouse. I do have a spinner control though, for games like Tempest and Arkanoid. Could you suggest to Conway Ho to get his company to produce a track-ball and/or spinner type control, perhaps a "HotRod Deluxe" that includes a track-ball as well as the two joysticks and the buttons.