Question for Amy or Dan

• Moderators

I don't believe so, unless they have a "pre-release" demo version (but I don't think they do)....the final 5.1s have not arrived in our warehouse to be sent to anyone yet.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

i bought my speakers from Tweeter Home Entertainment... http://www.tweeter.com and with every purchase of a speaker or speaker system... if the company has a new version out or if you want to upgrade with in a year of purchase, you just return your old set and pay the difference for the new set. It totally rocks... i just need to wait till the demand for the 5.1's goes down and get teh store to order one... that way i can do the swap and pay $162.38. and if in a year Klipsch makes a 6.1 or 6.2 (!!!) then i will just do the same thing over again. I did the same thing with my computer... every year i can get an upgrade and just pay the difference. I have gone from 500 MHz to 600 Mhz to 866 Mhz and soon to 2.0 or 2+ Ghz in october... i just had to pay and extra $400, luckily i had the money or i would have a slow computer right now.

That is the upgrade thing i was speaking of

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

BAH! 2 - 2+ GHz? That means you're going P4, which is a VERY crappy choice. You'll be spending a LOT of ca$h, whereas you can buy one of the new Palomino's from AMD (should be about 1.5 - 1.7 GHz by October), and it should easily match a 2+ GHz P4, and it's cheaper overall Smile.gif

well, i have to buy teh computer from circuit sity, i have had really good luck with Intel, the P4's are very very cheap right now and are supposed to get cheaper. My friend has all AMD computers and they are good, but the Blue Screen of Death pops up just a little too much for me.

------------------

-justin

• 5 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

My friend has all AMD computers and they are good, but the Blue Screen of Death pops up just a little too much for me.

I'd be questioning your friend's knowledgeability regarding building and configuring computers instead.

No major hardware review sites have reported any compatibility or stability problems in the Athlon line (Tabbycatt dropped a few of the larger names.) The only hardware issues remotely related to the Athlon have been from a few SlotA and SocketA motherboards that weren't up to spec. When in doubt, just buy the best-reviewed motherboard at the time your CPU was released. Don't blame the CPU. The CPU is one of the last pieces of the system (software included) that is likely to be the cause of instability, as long as you are clocking it to spec.

That Tweeters thing sounds too good to be true, but sweet if thats their policy. I can understand doing it with, say, audio systems, but they must take a hammering on depreciation when it comes to computer systems.

no, the computer upgrade is from circuit city... kinda bending the policy... cwm1.gif

the speaker thing is a year policy that allows an upgrade... only for speakers.

the friend i talked about was a tech person for IBM for like 20 years, his duaghter and son are my friends...

i think it was a software/hardware conflict

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy. Email Amy or call Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

I beat DBvader to 600 posts!

I beat DBvader to 700 posts!

I beat DBvader to 800 posts!**

(does not matter anymore though)