Chorus 2 my local area

sire

I have been pondering looking for another set of Forte IIs to use as surrounds instead of my Rb-5 IIs.

I found an add for "excellent condition" Black Chorus IIs close to my home for $400. I do have space limitations but I am thinking of Chorus for front speakers and move the Fortes to the rear.

Good or bad idea?

Mike

The hurricane missed our area. So I am going tomorrow morning to look at the speakers. Owner bought a new large screen TV so he lost room for the speakers. He also says there are no gouges or dents but a few scratches. They are black instead of oak but it is hard not to take advantage of finding speakers in the local area.

I do not have enough room myself but I might have to settle on a little smaller tv. Unless I go the plasma route and hang it on the wall.

Guess I will make room in my vehicle in preparation for tomorrrow.

1.gif

Mike

Well, in fact, it was too good to be true. My wife and I showed up at the sellers house this morning and he opened his garage and presented the speakers too me.

Hmmm, they looked a little shorter than my Fortes, something was not right.

I looked a little closer and of course, they were a set of Quartets. The seller of course was shocked and did not realize they were not Chorus IIs.

They also were not consecutive S/Ns. I decide to pass up this "deal" Was a shame as it is rare to find speakers close to home. They are still available if anyone is looking for a set of black Quartets.

I will wait, something will come along.

Mike

Mike-

Yeah, offer him maybe $250 or so and then use those for surrounds. They would do very well and match up nice with your Forte mains (I or II?) But if you ever do find a set of Chorus IIs, then don't hesitate to get them for your mains. I did and it was one of the best things I did, and the Forte II is a great speaker. The Chorus II is just a bit better.