Baby is seventeen today

Daddy Dee

Well, it is hard to imagine that our baby girl is seventeen today and a senior in high school. Next year we'll be empty nesters, sort of... with everybody away at college. The senior one of the brood of two will be back this evening from a few days on the redneck riviera, Gulf Shores, AL. Time goes by so fast.

I don't know if it's a generational thing or just a personal observation, and I don't think I'm naive about this either, but I'm pretty sure my kids are better people than I was when I was seventeen.

Just have to take the occasion to have an attitude of gratitude for their good health, smarts, good character and such.

Yep - I think the available entertainment for kids today keeps them from some of the experimentation that we did as kids. This is a generalization, but I do remember our options being more limited and that we had to spend more time researching (interesting term) some taboo subjects. We also have to remember that we won't hear alll the stories until our kids are somewhere nearer thirty....

You'll enjoy the empty nest routine - at least we do. We are helping daughter back to college this weekend. It is amazing how much she got in the way this summer3.gif3.gif3.gif .

It is fun watching her turn into a responsible adult (regardless of the fact that it resembles waiting for water to boil).

Yep, since you are already a seasoned dad, you know to take in the time while you have it. There are too many unrepeatable moments to miss out on.

It's been a good day. Took the birthday girl and the wife to see AVP, then out for steaks. Her birthday present is a one of the Promedia GMX-A 2.1 systems. She's delighted with the sound. Me, too. 3.gif