Heart Concert Review

hwatkins

Last Night in St. Charles (St. Louis) Missouri.

The sisters still got it. I was more than a little smitten - they remained very close to their original sound and drive. Nancy still has the magic guitars and Ann can pour her soul into the vocals. Let's hope Ann's fragile Pysche can hold up cause this is one of the great returns to the stage. It was very similar to Crosby, Stills and Nash getting back in the groove after 10 - 15 years away - It didn't seem like they missed a beat.

All Heart fans should go see if they show up anywhere near you...

Glad to hear that Heart can still put on a great show. I saw them in Vernon, British Columbia at a small concert in fall of 1975. 'Crazy on You' had been released as a single in Canada at that point but the album 'Dreamboat Annie' wasn't out yet.

Sound quality was incredible - full stereo mix - acoustics of the hall were excellent because of a peaked ceiling. I still remember the Ovation guitar acoustic intro on "Crazy on You", then Led Zeppelin covers "Rock 'n Roll", Battle of Evermore", and an excellent version of Nilson's "Can't Live Without You". They finished with the Dreamboat Annie montage.

A concert still remembered like it was yesterday. Apparently, there's a dvd release out there somewhere of one of their early concerts. I'd be interested in that. And I do have the rare Mushroom Records lp of 'Magazine' that was released without authorization of the band. All the mixes are different from the later release. Great to hear the Wilsons are still rocking. Slainte. Hamish

Do they have new love interests too...in the band? LOL

I loved the VH1 thing they did on them!!

Their past weight problems, drugs, jealousy, who knows what might be in store if they can create some magic too connecting with old fans.

Course sad as it is.. It basically boils down to this... There are 4 major record companies out there... And are you in bed with Clear Channel. At least with classic rock you have a track record established!! If not.. watch em burn even if they are worthy of a second chance!!

You should check out the concert dvd: Heart: Alive in Seattle. It is absolutely stellar, especially in the DTS mix. I don't recall the engineer who mixed it, but whoever it was did a wonderful job. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Barracuda!!!!!

David