I am torn... Which sub?

Professor.Ham.Slap

Alright, here's the deal... I found a pretty decent deal on an RSW-15 ($1300 only a few months old) with a nice cherry finish. However, I've also been looking at an SVS PB2+. Which do you think would be better for me? The room it is going to be in is a pretty decent size (probably about 25x15). I really love the punch the RSWs bring, but I also really am not sure about the roll-off below 30hz. I also at one point had a 20-39 PC+ so I kinda know the sound SVS's produce.

Also, which of the two will have more general output across the spectrum?

I think the rsw has a better spl through the whole spectrum except for extreme lows. Ive heard that the svs's lack the "smack" that Klipsch subs have. I think you need to ask your self- do I want more kick/smack or do I want ULTRA low tones. never heard either sub. Ive heard the rsw 12 though. but never any svs stuff. i really would like to some time.

just wait a while. some experts will come a long and answer your Q's much better than I can.

scp53

----------------

On 8/22/2004 11:31:26 PM Professor.Ham.Slap wrote:

I'm thinking I want more of the kick to it... just because I heard two RSW-10s paired in a room with Klipschorn heritage theater room and even those sounded pretty amazing.

IOW, I probably just answered my question.

----------------

Me thinks you did Professor! I do admit a liking for the RSW-12. Very musical and has impressed me everytime I have heard it. Fine build quality too...

Let me start my pimping of the following subwoofer since it is relatively new and not many peeps know about it:

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/subwoofer/sub300.htm

It's around 1300 retail. Goes about as low as the RSW-15, with tightness, punch, and accuracy that is unheard of in a ported enclosure. Those Danes sure know how to get a lot out of a 10" driver. Also it comes with a programmable remote control. How cool is that?

For a little bit more you can get the 12" model which is a sealed design:

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/subwoofer/sub500.htm

There is no better deal than the VMPS Larger sub kit. 575$ for 2 15"s and 1-12" sub in one massive 1.5"thick sub cab. You can add the mega woofer option for 175.00 more and will handle 600 watts.Oh yea, no other sub will go as low etheir 17hz, you could buy a pair of these for what you are talking about spending for a toy sub.

----------------

On 8/22/2004 11:31:26 PM Professor.Ham.Slap wrote:

I'm thinking I want more of the kick to it... just because I heard two RSW-10s paired in a room with Klipschorn heritage theater room and even those sounded pretty amazing.

IOW, I probably just answered my question.

----------------

Yes you did 2.gif

Well I have many6 subwoofers,and the whole RSW range.RSW subwoofers,are never boomy and always clean.Plus they pack a kick when cut higher,the kind of punch to knock you out.

The RSW10 is the tweeter of the group,a RSW15 will dig much deeper and fill a large room with ease. 9.gif

----------------

On 8/23/2004 1:10:36 PM radiob wrote:

There is no better deal than the VMPS Larger sub kit. 575$ for 2 15"s and 1-12" sub in one massive 1.5"thick sub cab. You can add the mega woofer option for 175.00 more and will handle 600 watts.Oh yea, no other sub will go as low etheir 17hz, you could buy a pair of these for what you are talking about spending for a toy sub.

----------------

BTW nice system in your sig,and I noticed you have a Krell too...dude a Krell's the real deal.

9.gif

Yes those large VMPS subs are some impressive deep bass beasts,no doubt.

Hi

I have a New VMPS Larger Sub with Mega Woofer and Sound coat option sitting here in my showroom

The new Klipsch KW 120 Subwoofers out perfrom it in everyway If any body wants the VMPS its yours for

$425 List was $975 with all the options (must pick up about 140lbs) It is Piano Black with Mega Woofers option and Sound Coat option + it has the optional 80Hz crossover currently bypassed has about 15 hours time on it

but I am telling you right now the Klipsch is a better subwoofer 2.gif

It would be a hard choice

I would choose the KW120's They have better pitch and definition sound tighter and will play to mind bending levels The RSW 15 sounds a little boomy in comparison They are one of the few subs that I have had that pass the Haunting DVD torture test without distorting or loosing there composure They don't look as pretty as the RSW 15 Don't get me wrong the RSW series subwoofers are very good and we are picking the edges of performance when comparing the two Go listen to a pair that are properly set up with all formats Music

and Movie soundtracks and let me know your opinion

I know for a fact that you have a connect to do that

2.gif

----------------

On 9/1/2004 12:09:37 AM htxpert wrote:

Hi

I have a New VMPS Larger Sub with Mega Woofer and Sound coat option sitting here in my showroom

The new Klipsch KW 120 Subwoofers out perfrom it in everyway If any body wants the VMPS its yours for

$425 List was $975 with all the options (must pick up about 140lbs) It is Piano Black with Mega Woofers option and Sound Coat option + it has the optional 80Hz crossover currently bypassed has about 15 hours time on it

but I am telling you right now the Klipsch is a better subwoofer
2.gif

----------------

Have you ever tried a large amp the VMPS? Say ampzilla or sunfire 600 two? The VMPS Will take huge amounts of power, and with the new MLS cabinets they are better than ever before, I have had a klpsch 15" 1,800$ sub back in 1999 and was unhappy with it when I used it with my Khorns, I had at that time. I eventually sold it for a Paradigm.