Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

m00n

this one looks to be good..but something scares me....the way they are marketing it....they are saying must see..blah blah blah.....but nothing about the story or movie itself...but that you must see it.....

Hollywood does this with turd movies....

I like what little I can see in trailers....but I will wait a while before judging if I should buy or not...

PS waterworld was a decent movie and entertaining....but parts of it were well kinda poorly done .....

the whole Men rowing an oil tanker bit..was a bit over the top....for me....

I liked both Costner films. I think Costner does a pretty good job at whatever he is doing. May not be the best but he sure is entertaining I think. I only seen a very short trailor for this new movie. If I were to go by that It doesn't look to good. Angelina looks the part, but I am kind of bored of Gwenith and she just don't seem the part.

----------------

On 9/17/2004 6:30:08 PM Speedball wrote:

At our local Best Buy they are giving out some sort of preview CD's.........I don't know about this one .....a really old movie in the year 2004???????
1.gif

----------------

When I was in Best Buy to get that Star Ocean game earlier this week, I grabbed on of those freebie preview DVDs. I went and watched it on my system, and I'll admit, that Sky Captain movie does look pretty cool. They show alot more on that DVD than they do on that little trailer you find on the 'net. I still got a couple free movie passes to burn up (they sure like giving these things out at work 9.gif), so I'll go check this one out.

----------------

On 8/26/2004 11:08:57 AM David Copenhaver wrote:

I am not so sure I agree with that. I was thinking that this might turn out to be another "Water World". Let's hope not! We do not need that!!

----------------

dennishopper.jpg

ANOTHER Waterworld! What on earth is wrong with Waterworld?

I should have been up for that part in Sky Captain. Im up for every part. Im talkin Waaaaaaaaaaay up. No one, and I mean NO ONE! wears an eye patch like I can.I AM the original Sky Captain,baby! Just check out how much better I look than Angelina with one eye closed and my hands tied behind my back. Forget about it! She definitely got an EZ wider, oops! I meant Easy Rider into that role.

Role ! Role! Who said Role? Rolllllllllll another one. Just like the other one..

angelina jolie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to seeing this, tonight.

I thought it was a pretty good movie myself. I thought how they did the cinematography was really cool. I also thought the soundtrack fit the style of the movie very well. The story was not exactly the most original, but I think it was very well portrayed though. I felt the acting was done quite well, especially considering how difficult it must've been when all they really had was a blue background and some props to work with.

The 30's or 40's "art-deco" styling was cool. Pretty neat how they actually showed a zepplin docking on the Empire State Building (as what the spire was originally intended to be for, but the high winds, plus the Hindenberg disaster rendered that obsolete even before it could actually be used).

Overall, I thought it was a well done movie, and definitly a keeper when it comes out on DVD. In fact, I am looking forward to it on DVD, so I can try it out on my own system to see how well this movie really sounds. The sound system at the local theater just plain sucked tonight. The movie was on at to low of a volume, thus the explosions and the like was more of a "poof" instead of a real visceral, gut-punching "KaBOOM!". Definitly worth at least a rental to see this.