Bi-Wiring My New Klipsch Ref 7's...need a little help

Anubis

Hey everyone!

I just purchased a whole Klipsch Ref 7 setup (1 Pair RF-7, 1 RC-7, 2 Pair RS-7). I am waiting to get them and in the mean time I want to purchase new speaker wire and possibly connectors. I want to Bi-Wire the Center and Left-Right Front speakers. My dilemma is not bi-wiring the speakers, but bi-wiring the receiver end (which is a Denon 5800). I can't seem to figure out how I am going to connect 2 connections of speaker cable to the Left, Right and Center terminals. I usually use banana plugs, but those won't work as the wire goes in to the bottom of the plug (compression type), so I can't put 1 plug in the terminal and another in the other B-plug. I thought about going bare wire, but fitting 2 wires under the terminal would be really hard as the hole on the side isn't very big. Anyone have any suggestions? I could really use some help on this one. Thanks to all!

------------------

---

...transmission terminated...

Anubis

wildfire@kscable.com

I have heard here that you can get banana plugs that can "piggy back", like one would plug into the other. I am not certain but I think it was here that I heard of this.

-Scott

------------------

KG-4 Fronts

RC-3 Center

Infinity Reference 1 Surrounds

Sony DB830

Whoa! Didn't notice that. I guess that is one option now. THANKS!! I guess I can fit 2 wires on there. Anyone else have any connector ideas? I do prefer the banana plugs. Are there any special made banana plugs for bi-wiring? Those piggy-back ones sound interesting. Anybody know where to find them?

------------------

---

...transmission terminated...

Anubis

wildfire@kscable.com

You can purchase bi-wire cable that has two terminals at one end and four at the other. Most cable manufacturers offer this option. Otherwise, will your posts on your amp accept two sets of flat spade terminals?

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

Anubis,

It seems to me that the question you asked is misleading. You can biwire the amp all day and it wont make a bit of difference because the actual biwire comes when you remove the connecting bridges on the speaker itself. Unless you are talking about two seperate runs of cable all together. But IMHO i would recommend the monster cable Z2 biwire cable (200.00) per pair and 100.00 for a single(after all you spent over 2000.00 already. This option allows for a much prettier run of cable and both ends can be banana pluged or spaded or pinned all you choice because they use a universal connector system.

hope this helps.

------------------

Panasonic CT-36HD40 HDTV

SONY DVP-S530SE DVD

SONY CD-210 CD

SONY VHS PLAYER

YAMAHA RX-V1000

MONSTER REFERENCE INTERCONNECTS

MONSTER CABLE Z2 BIWIRE

RF-3 BIWIRED

RC-3

RS-3

KSW-12

yea i went to my local klipsch & monster authorized dealer & had them make me a pair of 15 ft. cx-2 biwires with bananas. that was discontinued wire now so got a great price of $90 for those AND a banana plugged cable for the (nonbiwirable) C7 center.

forget the monster lock cables. just go to the dealer & have the service dude make 'em up for ye. maybe they have some older/cheaper cable laying 'round. Smile.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z1 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!