ALIEN vs PREDATOR

Joe Shmoe

My neighbor called me up and thought I might need some time out and asked if I would like to go to the movies...of course I agreed :)

He chose AVP. At first I thought eh, whatever. I had been thinking that the whole digging up the same old stuff (Jason vc Freddy etc.) was getting old. To my surprise it actually was a cool movie, my own opinion of course. I would say it will give your subwoofer a workout once on DVD. I will not be a spoiler BUT they did leave it open for a sequel if you can believe that. One thing I do not get is how it fits along withe the original movies, Aliens... Predator.. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I saw it, in general I liked it.

Where it fits: the notions of "alien vs. predator" comes from "Predator 2" where we see the trophy room of a predator ship. One of the items present is a skull of what is unmistakably the geiger alien. This brought about fan speculation and later dark horse comics released some comics or graphic novels or something detailing a story of how these two guys could come together. I guess the story is pretty cool, and the movie essentially follows this story.

I liked it and most likely will buy it. There are some cheesy parts and I wish they'd added some darkness and violence and given it an R rating rather than P-13.

----------------

On 9/9/2004 12:56:24 PM damonrpayne wrote:

I liked it and most likely will buy it. There are some cheesy parts and I wish they'd added some darkness and violence and given it an R rating rather than P-13.

----------------

It almost seems that instead of doing a movie the way it should be done they try to only put enough in to get the PG-13 rating. As a result, they can appeal to a wider audience and thus possibly make a few extra bucks. I am not a proponent of extra violent films but, when the movie calls for such then it should be made as such.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just watched it. Not bad, really enjoyable. There were some parts that bothered me as far as, simple plain editing... Eh I'll just say it.

*!!! CHEEZE SPOILER BELOW - !!!*

Like the cold. We are down in antartica for gawds sake and when they come back up to the surface, there is not cold breath coming out of her, on top of that, she looses her jacket and is there is only a sweater and it's not even phasing her. Hell... I'd at least think there would be some nippie action. So, that's my biggest grip, they just didn't do a good enough job of making it feel cold.