Little wind damage down south ?

Dale W

Florida may be hammered by some wind damage but man we got devistated by snow damage on thursday morning , " Damage " by snow you might think ?

Your dam right !! at this time of the year with the leaves still on .

We got almost a foot of snow in 4 hours , I've lost 48 poplar trees ranging from 30 to 45 feet tall . All of them are at least 35 years old not to mention the dozens of maples and elm trees .

The tree cutting dudes just left my place an hour ago ( the trees that are broke have to be removed due to the poximity to the public power lines ).

INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER THIS KIND OF STUFF !!!!!!!!!

Get aload of this crap : $450.00 per tree plus another $150.00 per tree for stump grinding !!!!!!!! Now times that by 50 or so trees and you'll see what i'm faced with right now.

I'm not allowed to cut them myself !! they have to down the power lines and close the road in order to do the job . The guy who came out said he's going to send 2 crews of men ( 6 guys per crew ) for 2 to 3 full days .

I'm just sick !!!!!! 14.gif These trees make my property what it is , there so big you can't even come close to wrapping your arms around them . I won't live long enough to see them grow back .

This has been the worse summer i have ever seen in 40 years as far as freak wheather is concerned . I wish a tornado would just wipe my place right off the map , at least then i might get a bit of goverment relief. As it stands right now , i'm going to be out some major coin for this clean up operation.

I already put out 10k this summer for wind damage that was not cover'ed by insurance .

That is an amazing amount of damage! Sometimes trees on the property are the icing on the cake.

Trees that size around here in Indiana to remove would be 900 to 1200 bucks per. I just had two big Maple tree's removed last fall.

Think of the stereo equipment a guy could purchase with that amount of $$$

3.gif .........Pat

Yes , i still have lots of other trees still standing .

I live in a sub-division thats an " estate " so in an estate you have to have over 5 acres of property , needless to say i've got another 80 or so of the same trees that are ok .

The sh!t part of the whole deal is , the trees in question border the roadway in which the power lines run on my side of the ditch " SO " I'm helpless to cut them down because of the power lines. They can olny fall in one direction without causing even more damage.

You should see the ones that hit the line !!!! charcoal to a crisp !

I'll post some pictures once i resize them or get my smaller digital camera from work , the 5.0 mega pixel minolta i have takes a 2560 x 1868 picture which is to big to upload on this site and i have no software at home to re-size them.