JJ-7591s

mark1101

Put them in the LK-72 and set things up earlier this evening. Initially, they sounded rough, and lacking range. Now it's been about 3 hours and things are getting much more interesting. Range is expanding and harshness seems to be fading. Hopefully they will settle in like the JJ-EL84s in my other Scott, which are absolutley wonderful.

Well, nothing to do but keep playing music tonight.

OK, who else has them, what unit are they in, and how are you liking them?

4.gif

Yup,

I think the JJs break in pretty quick actually. I'm still playing them right now (charcoal grill going, no more hurricanes) and their already "just fine". The EH-7591s were "really good", no doubt I was happy with them transformer violators. But I can already tell these are on their way to being much better. There's a slight punch to these JJs that is starting to come out just like the EL-84 JJs.

I set the balance and bias when I first turned them on, and I'll do it again before I shut down late late tonight. I'll keep an eye on that stuff, thanks Craig.

By the way, Doug's Tubes was a fine business to deal with for me. Nice guy, fast delivery, tube specs on the boxes.10.gif

Thanks for the info Mark. Can you post the contact info on your seller? Keep us posted on your thoughts as they break-in.

BTW, did you have any damage from 'ol Ivan. One local station reported over 9" of rain here. I think it was more like 5" though. I had a 20 minute shingle replacement to do today and was thankful that that was the extent of it.

Keith

T2K,

http://www.dougstubes.com/

Link to the JJ-7591s. Mention Klipsch forum.

As far as Ivan, I have a serious clean up job of water oak limbs, but no damage. We were lucky. I always worry about the big oaks hitting the house, but it didn't happen again. My neighbor has a HUGE lake, like 2 feet deep in his 2 acre yard. This morning the dogs in the neighborhood were having a fine swim in it. Heck he had his lawn tractor in there a couple of days ago. We did have some rare tornados closeby, but everyone's OK here in Athens. Go Dawgs.

Thanks for the info Mark, hadn't heard of Doug's before now. I thought I may try out the JJ 7591s in the future, I thought the JJ ECC83s sound pretty good for the price. At $70 a quad those tubes are a steal.

Glad to hear you survived Ivan. I'm thankful I don't live on the coast right now.

Keith

Actually to get the deal you have to mention me I set it up and he is doing it for my customers and friends.

Craig

PS Mark another thing I bet you have to play with is your DBX EQ you had it all optimised for the EH tubes and it may need tweaking to get the best out of the JJ 7591's

Craig,

Man you hit that nail on the head. Tweak, tweak, tweak. Plus I added a subwoofer. I still have the LK-72 playing and the JJs are beginning to really come around.

I have a business trip all next week so I'm trying to do as much as I can before I leave. This is the fun part of it all.

The JJ 7591's are definatly awesome!! Very smooth highs, nice bass and clear midrange, they are just singing along in my bro's NOS Valves rebuilt 299-C i just got back this Friday, weve playing it all weekend so far, Bias is stable and we have a Denon DVD-2200 as the source, MIT Terminator interconnects, KG 5.5's with Dean G's crossover mods. They are just rocking along, the overall sound from top to bottom is very nice and full. I have the tubes set to .035v Bias per Craig's recommendations. I bought them from Doug's tubes and got them for an awesome price mentioning Craig as my referrer.

Well I probably have near 100 hours on them now. I am in agreeement that the balance and bias stay steady more than I have seen with other tubes. They sound just fine. I would buy them again.

They changed the personality on my LK-72 into crisp clear mids and highs, and especially improved a muddy bottom end.