rsw 15 or rsw 12

ballenone

hmmm what to get well i like the way they both sound and i am a huge klipsch fan but the problem is that everybody talks about svs velodyne etc.....

now what im after is to feel as well as here the sound and im wondering if thats possible with the klipsch..

i thought they sounded great but like i said everybody talks about so many other subs.and dosent really complament the klipsch subs very much so im wondering if klipsch just isnt up to the task of making me feel the movies .....

so if any one can tell me what will i gain or lose if i choose svs klipsch or velodyne or the new polk lsi ...

lastly i really just wanted to keep it all in the klipsch family but i guess according to some or maybe many their subs arent all that amazing...

my set up is 2rf7s 4fs7s 1rc7 and its also kinda hard to just charge 1800.00 for a svs in one shot not to mention the intrest thats why some of the store bought subs seem a little easier to attain no intrest i can bring in some cash and pay 1/2 and 1/2 (cash credit) sucks to not have alot of money or have alot of credit or i might get the svs pb2ultra(the only one i would get) since klipsch just isnt up to par (i guess)

No-one who has heard the RSW series of subwoofers can knock them. Superb build quality, oustanding sound, and not too exy. While the RSW15 is truely awesome in low level delivery, my personal favourite is the RSW12. For 2 channel purposes I think it is a little more musical and a little tighter in the bottom end. For ultimate bottom end reproduction in movies the RSW15 will rattle your teeth. But it's all relative, and the RSW subwoofers are relatively great.

...And it is true. Sometimes we look around for the next best thing, when in fact in relation to subwoofers, the answer is right in front of us in the Klipsch product lineup.

Say what? Sounds like a colage of ideas from left and right,what the heck are you talking about?

11.gif

Klipsch RSW subs not good enough! LOL For who,only for an owner of a JL Audio Gotham or the Krell MRS sub maybe,not Joe Schmoe who owns a run of the mill SVS or Velodyne.Give me a break I own many subs(from Revel,Aerial,Paradigm Signature,Sunfire and Velodyne among others)and my RSW subs are great subs.

SVS does best Klipsch in some respects and Klipsch does best SVS in others.Its not as one sided as some deaf groupies make it sound.Those groupies have the least real experience and are talking out of their butts.With deep fart tones

----------------

On 9/20/2004 11:02:42 PM TheEAR wrote:

Say what? Sounds like a colage of ideas from left and right,what the heck are you talking about?

----------------

9.gif

I realise I'm not one who should criticize other peoples English skills.. but theEAR is correct about the rambling text. There is material for at least several paragraphs in that post. If I may quote another member:

----------------

On 7/26/2003 7:19:41 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

My pet peeve is that some folks making posts do not break them up into paragraphs. The result is a block of text which is very difficult to read. Yes, I've seen that great authors do it too. But their work is difficult to read, partly for lack of breaking up the text.

----------------

BTW, theEAR is also right about the RSW subs... they are very good subs that can run with the bulls.

Rob

PS: If you can afford it, I'd go with the RSW15, better bass extension and more SPL. You can always turn it down... 2.gif

Sorry about the rambling.I was never a accomplished author or perfect essay writer.

Its just a very hard decision for me to make .

I know what i want as far as expectations but i dont want to buy one then want to buy another .I just want to be satisfied ......

So bottom line is as far as opinons go rsw 12 ,15 velodyne spl1200, svs,lsi polk audio (let me guess hmmmm svs)

I guess ill have to do what the ear does buy them all .....thanks guys for the help and the school lesson lol

----------------

On 9/20/2004 11:53:30 PM ballenone wrote:

Sorry about the rambling...Its just a very hard decision for me to make...

----------------

Good luck with your choice, ballenone. Seriously, give the RSW series a try. Have a good listen and then get back to us with your thoughts.

Regards,

Edwin.