anyone here into bicycling (distance and speed)?

tpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of Masi, but looking at the web page they seem to be a good local make for you (as Devinci is a good "local" make for me and you've likely never heard of them). I'd buy from such a company rather than from a bigger firm such as Trek, but it's hard to say why. 1.gif

Attention to detail maybe? More hand-crafted? I don't know.

Anyway, the Devinci I'm getting seems to be between the Masi Vinsere and Gran Corsa (Aluminum at 18.8 lbs, but in Shimano 105 except for rear derailler in Ultegra). They seem like good bikes.

• 2 years later...

OK, has the weather warmed up enough for you guys to bust out your bikes? Another one of the perks of living in So Cal. [;)]

Here's mine (2007 Foes FXR, 2007 Shimano XTR gruppo, 2007 XTR wheelset & hubs, 2007 XTR disc brakes, FOX Talas RLC, King NoThreadset, Fizik Gobi, Truvativ Team bars, stem and seat post)

I love cycling and would sure enjoy seeing all of your bicycles.

post-13700-13819330577822_thumb.jpg

Shimano Ultrega shifting, 53/39 front, 12/25 rear. Shimano Flight Deck computer. These things came with the bike when I bought it used. The wheels are non-stock and were the best upgrade. I got them last year before riding RAGBRAI. Mavic Kysiriums. I'm a big guy at 190 (6'3") and I had read where these wheels were prone to failure with big folks, but I've got over 4000 miles on 'em now and they're still rock steady.

Oh, the seat is different and the seat post is too.. it's a zero-offset carbon post. A tad more comfy than the stock post. The seat is some model or another by Specialized. I'm lucky to have a local bike shop that's very good, so every time I've wanted suggestions they've steered me in the right direction. Sort of like this forum w/ respect to sound.

Just got back from a 90 mile ride through the rolling hills in Kentucky with a bunch of friends. What a great way to spend the day. I'm swimming in endorphins. [:P]

Woo

Nice looking bikes posted around here[Y]

Lately I've been looking into getting back into bicycling after many years of doing other things for a hobby. I see technology has come a loooong way with disc and hydraulic brakes, suspensions and general options available for bicycles. Trying to decide between between a single speed or geared bike will be the toughest decision to make.

Boy oh boy they make some mighty nice looking bikes!

Here's the crazy thing, even with the silky smooth quickness the road bike provides, my favorite machine, by FAR, is this one, an early 1980's steel bike with old style friction shifters and 27x1 1/4 wheels. This is my everyday commuter. I got it for $25 at a garage sale.

Sekai001.jpg

It's a little younger than my Khorns, but doesn't sound nearly as sweet. The Khorns don't ride quite as well. They both know their place.

Woo, thanks. I do most of my riding in the dirt. The majority of that being XC with some downhill thrown in. I am lucky enough to live at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains/Angeles National Forest in Pasadena, CA. We have some of the best and most diverse mountain bike trails locally that you could ever want. So for me, it's really a no brainer.

I really do like my FOES FXR. The frame is hand made in my hometown, Pasadena, CA. I just bought it new in November. It's scary fast. Seems that the faster you ride, the smoother it gets. Of course that can be very dangerous at times as it tends to make you feel over confident in your riding ability.

I do some road riding for both distance/endurance training and change of pace. And I also try to ride in as many charity rides/tours as I can. What it boils down to is that I look for any excuse I can to ride, as if I need one. [:D]

• 4 months later...