RS-7's for sale... this time I got PICS!

mmiles

$450.00 shipped (ups ground anywhere in the lower 48).

if you folks recall i had issue (since they where not perfect and i'm quite anal about cars and audio gear) with some "smudges". well i'm here to report smudges are gone, the wife is quite the little cleaner upper.

PICS furnished upon request. i have 10 I think. PICS from top, bottom, side, rear, boxes, serial number plates, shipping labels on the box etc.

these where bought from tweeters and warranty was registered on this very website.

for more info call 800.332.3454 (office) or 410.546.9628 (home) or email me at mmiles@icrinc.net (office) or mmiles442004@yahoo.com (home).

pls note pics are on my home pc so be patient!

later,

mm

condition - very good to like new. like i said i can send you the picks and i am very conservative when rating my equipment for resale.

reason for selling - waf factor. went to in wall rcw5. not as good but pleased the little woman.

purchased november of 2001, i think. i will forgot my old pw and email account so i can not log into the klipsch warranty reg. site. they are sending me a new pw today... i hope. that way i can tell you the exact date of purchase.

regards,

mm

i guess i should start a faq... :)

question: what color are the speakers?

answer: white

question: do you have the origional boxes?

answer: yes

question: what are you terms for payment?

answer: cashier check, money order or wire transfer (if your bank charges you more than $10 then they are ripping you off!)

do a search on mmiles on this forum and you will see that i have sold synergy speakers, cornwalls and a svs subwoofer so you can buy with confidence. hell you got my home and office phone number!

regards to all and thanks for looking.

mm

sorry for the adding to the thread. this should be the last of it in "public" to the forum all others just call or email.

question: when did you buy the speakers?

answer: Feb. 26, 2003 from Tweeter's in Wilmington, DE.

this may confuse some of you based on my earlier email when i stated november 2001. that is actually when i bought my first "synergy" system from this dealer. the RF7 series system that i now use was bought as indicated when tweeters was clearing out inventory after being cancelled by klipsch as a dealer.

regards,

mm

tips:

1. trace out the template where you want to install them, of course between studs in your wall.

2. score the outline with an exacto-knife just a hair larger than the template.

3. cut hole with a drywall saw "fat" that means a blade width + the score line above. this gives ample "wiggle" room when you insert the speaker guts in the frame. it also allows for a bit more room when you put the grills on.

before step 3 you may also want to paint the mounting ring and / or grill to match the color of the wall. "dab" the grill from the rear to clear any excess paint from the grill holes.

4. wiring in the wall is on you bro...

sound:

not bad but very directional based on the design. placement is more critical that the rs7. so get them direct to your side or rear of your desired seating about 5-6 feet to the top of the speaker from the floor.

imho there are no where near the rs7 but they are hidden and alot cheaper. not to bash but klipsch inwalls are not thier strong suit at least not to me anyway.

regards,

mm

• 2 weeks later...

MMiles..

I sent your Money Order as requested Federal Express and you got it. The speakers got here today. I was very excited to get them too. Looks like the boxes were fine, the first speaker, like you said, in very good cosmetic condition, all white, grills great, and no scratches or smudges..etc etc.

However one MAJOR problem.

As I was getting the second speaker out of the box I heard a rattle..then a ka thunk. My heart shrunk... Yep the woofer is shot, the cone looks warped as in the pic included in this thread... In your pics to me you said it was the pixels in your camera? I now have my doubts? These are not, as you represented it, as "a 9- 10 working fine, like new condition."

I will "hope" in confidence this somehow happened in shipping somehow, after they left you. I will have to replace it, being non functional as well. The packages were not damaged, your internal original Klipsch packing was like it came I am sure from Klipsch to you with all the foam inserts to protect them.

What do you suggest we do? Is this some how covered under the warranty or was this a deal soundng too good to be true and it was... Now I will have to pay to have it fixed?We need to talk.

Roger

Guest Anonymous

Indy, i am sure it's an honest mistake, and I betcha he's a good guy, and will do right by you. I just cannot figure how it happened in shipping. Try calling and emailing him. I personnaly just hate when it does not go smooth, BUT, so far all I have done business with on this forum, seem to be stand up guys. If it was me, I would be going nuts, then after I make myself crazy the right thing happens.2.gif Good luck with the speakers12.gif

Thanks Smilin..

I am sure he is a stand up guy too. I will call tommorrow..and let you know and the BB what he sais?

If I do need to return this to be worked on..(I am sure I can replace a woofer myself if I have to? LOL.. Anyone else have anything like this happen to them too?)

What did/ would you do?

Do I re register it with Klipsch or have him return it himeslf..then send back to me? (It seems silly to send back n forth Especially if it is to here in Indy..LOL) The boxes and SN on the speakers do match, seems legit, e.g., good Klipsch not knock offs.)

Roger,

I hope you can get everything fixed in a simple way. Do you think maybe Trey might be able to help you out? I went to the Goodguys site and priced these puppies out! Now I fully understand what these look like, and why you grabbed these up! Good Luck

Indy, while the shipping carton and packing may be free of damage a good impact shock could have caused the magnet to dislodge from the speaker. Do you still have the original photo that he sent you that you can revisit again. I have had cartons that look perfect but the item damaged just from the sheer shock imposed on them, like an even drop so that there is no visible damage to the corners or sides. Especially if the speakers were packed faces up where gravity would assist in creating the damage. Just a hunch though, what the hell do I know.

Here is the pic from Mike on the RS-7 before shipping them to me. In all fairness, Mike did answer his call from me today he thought these would be covered somehow. "IF" Klipsch would honor some kind of warranty, that would be wonderful. He is calling Klipsch to see what the options are, and said he will get back to me.

Just one of those oh mannnn!!! moments.

It's funny too. In my 20's and maybe 30's I would have been cussing throwing a fit too. At 42 your like OK, We have a problem, lets just fix it, and move on.

When they are fixed, they will just look stunning on the back wall with the white crown molding in the family room too! Add to that a much fuller and bigger sound. I look forward to many years of enjoyment. I will post picks when up and working.

Lord knows I am a good Klipsch customer. (I just bought the new KA 1000 THX amp to use with the new KW 120 THX (2) subs from Ovation Audio here locally for the downstairs HT to be built this winter.) Used with a Cornwall all around L,C,R and Cornwall rears, with Heresy sides. So far, it just amazes me even with concrete walls, some insulation, and some studs how wonderful it sounds. Add to that a "maybe" + - 18 inch TV in the 17ft x 30ft room with 10 ft ceilings pre construction..LOL I can almost enjoy movies downstairs unfinished. hahahahaha

post-5910-1381925802602_thumb.jpg

MMiles and myself contacted Klipsch, I have a replacement woofer to pic up from my dealer today. It was not a warranty issue rather, something broke in shipping. I will have to pay for it but not a huge loss. I got a great deal on these from Mike so I am still happy!

I think the Box while showing no damage had to have been dropped pretty hard and the heavy magnet structure literally pulled down and broke the gasket.

So the good news.. You can get something fixed from Klipsch if it breaks.

Thanks Mike, good transaction, and thanks for the phone calls yesterday and we will be back to normal tonight. I will I am sure enjoy these for some time.