RW-12 vs. SVS PB1...which is better????

blur2u

I am looking at these two subs. I am leaning towards the RW-12 because I can by it at a B&M store...makes me feel better that I can here it.

Has anyone heard both of these? Which one makes lower, cleaner, louder bass?? I only watch movies with the sub, rarely ever listen to music on it.

Someone please help because I am leaving in 1 hour to get my RW-12!!!!!!

Yup, and my vote goes for the SVS. The Klipsch, to my ears, had a little more punch to it...ever so slightly though...but since you're primarily using it for movies, "punch" isn't necessarily what you want. It's the deep, flat-frequency LFE that you want.

Hopefully someone else chimes in with their $0.02. But my suggestion? SVS all the way.

I haven't heard the SVS you mention and, in terms of audio, my experiences may be fairly irrelevant to you since I went from a KSW-12 to a PB2+ ... but, if the only thing holding you back from SVS is the fact that they're an Internet-only company then check out some of the threads from the past few weeks.

There's plenty of testimonials about SVS's reputability and customer care is part of the deal. Yes, even over they Internet they accomplish that better than some B&M stores I can think of.

----------------

On 9/30/2004 3:03:57 PM blur2u wrote:

I am looking at these two subs. I am leaning towards the RW-12 because I can by it at a B&M store...makes me feel better that I can here it.

Has anyone heard both of these? Which one makes lower, cleaner, louder bass?? I only watch movies with the sub, rarely ever listen to music on it.

Someone please help because I am leaving in 1 hour to get my RW-12!!!!!!

----------------

I hate to make the suggestion after you may have already made the purchase, however your descriptions of listening habbits would hands down point to the SVS. The RW would be more suited for music but rolls off quite high compared to the PB1. If you're looking for smoother, deeper sub-bass then your floor shaker would be the PB1.

As far as purchasing, even though I've purchased all my other speakers after hearing them I'd much rather go through SVS now, knowing the level of service. My dealership (a reputable one) has been more trouble than SVS would ever put me through. When I have a problem with anything SVS then they immediately make it right. It's too bad they don't sell used cars or home appliances 3.gif

I had an RW12, it was the first component of my HT that I upgraded. From everything that I have read, the PB1 will dig much deeper with HT and hold it's own with music. I absolutely my Klipsch speakers but was disapointed with the RW-12. Carl.