clean records

I purchased the spin clean record washer system due to the high reviews on this board. It does a good job but I needed something better to dry the LPs with. I was in Costco and found in the car section,

"EUROW microfiber car care towels" They tout on the package

"Thicker & More absorbent, out performs both cotton & chamois",

"Won't scratch your car's delicate surface, ultra soft & streak free shine",

"Wax dust is easily removed with effortless wiping lint free & long lasting",

" chemical free cleaning environmentally frendly"

They come packaged 16) 16"x16" towels per package for $10.50 and they are "wash and reuse 100s of times"

So what is a LP junkie to do but give them a try?? 3.gif

Well the result is FANTASTIC! They SUCK the cleaning fluid off of the LPs, leave no residue or lint, last for many cleanings at a sitting. In fact, I have cleaned about a dozen lps with the same 2 towels (one placed on the counter to lay the LP on and the other to wipe the top surface, flip the LP and then wipe the second side, though there isn't anything to clean off of the second side after laying on the bottom towel!) and there is no sign of a hint that they need to be cleaned or dried out.

To test how well they work, I took my "wipe" towel, DUSTED MY EQUIPMENT RACK, then cleaned another LP WITH THE SAME TOWEL!6.gif Hey, there wasn't a speck of dust on the LP after cleaning9.gif

These towels are so "stickey" a bad word but hard to discribe otherwise, that they try to stick to your fingers!

If you can find these towels, I highly recomend them! You will be happy!!

EDIT... They are Yellow also, so they are a match to the SPIN CLEAN washer3.gif

"I purchased the spin clean record washer system due to the high reviews on this board."

Glad to hear you are happy with The Spin Clean. I like mine so much that I have had to tone down my reviews on another forum as one of the mods decided I must be a shill for the maker. I will look for the drying towels you mention. They sound like a great match to the Spin Clean.