RF-75 3-way???

jdm56

Well, outstanding question, Doug, but let me just say first, how much I appreciate your contributions to this forum. And more than that, I think you're a fine American and a credit to your gender...and humble! Did I mention that you're humble...yet lovable!! Don't ever change!

With klipsch releasing pics of the new Premier version of the RF7, and other RF speakers being updated to "5" status, how long will it be till an RF-75 based on the Premier design appears? Or do ya think an RF-75 will remain a two way?

There is no "Premier version of the RF-7". The picture of the Premier speaker that keeps showing up on the forum represents a completely new design at a much higher price point (twice as much money), and I think the two lines will remain distinct and separate. Whatever Klipsch is cooking up with the RF-7 -- they still need something at the $2K price point. I believe the RF-7 will remain at top of the Reference line, but undergoing some cosmetic changes, and maybe some additional tweaking in design. So, expect little brother (RB-75), and the rest of the family (RC-7, RS-7) to follow suit. At any rate, I think all of these speakers will remain two-ways.

Here's a good one for you -- when you go out shopping, do you opt for the top of the Reference line, or the bottom of the Premier line?

----------------

On 10/12/2004 7:31:46 AM DeanG wrote:

Here's a good one for you -- when you go out shopping, do you opt for the top of the Reference line, or the bottom of the Premier line?

----------------

It is already that kind of thing with the Synergy line. Do you opt for the top of the Synergy line or the bottom of the Reference line? It seems that many prefer the bottoom of the Reference line over the top of the Synergy line.

Will be interesting. Still, I have no plans of getting rid of my RF-7s anytime soon.