YIKES!! Klipshorns for $800

robster

Howdee,

just got back from the Carolina Audio Society swap meet today and there was a very nice pair of Klipsch horns serial #'s 8658657,8658659 located in Charlotte,NC for $800 704-529-1380 ask for John Barrell,the owner wasn't even there he dropped them off to sell. I called him but he said someone just called and wanted to buy them but he took my name and number and would call me if they didn't sell. I have absouletly no room for them and my wife would KILL ME. So passing this along.

Cheers,

Robert

These Klipschorns, with the Fairchild monoblocks listed on Audiogon right now would make a killer system -- all for less then $1700. Throw in a decent preamp like the AES AE-3 or Mapletree, and a decent CD player -- and you're at less than $2500 for the whole deal.

----------------

On 10/10/2004 4:23:36 PM robster wrote:

... have absouletly no room for them and my wife would KILL ME. So passing this along.

Cheers,

Robert

----------------

Are you kidding? I would not hesitate for a moment to flip them for $1k pure profit as I don't have room for them either. Then I could buy some VRD amps. 9.gif Or maybe put it toward the college fund. 16.gif

Darn it to H___ll I knew I should have called the phone number on top of the Klipsch Horns as soon as I walked into the door,nobody at the Audio meeting swap meet was even really looking at them,the seller just left them there with a phone number. First time I even got to see a pair of horns up close and personal. WE have a very small house,so no room,and afraid my wife would actually kill me if I bought them to store in our spair bedroom untill we get a bigger house with corners for placement.

I goofed up,bad the cabinest were in real nice condition,not mint but very nice.