Fahrenheit 9/11

unimorpheus

I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 for the first time on DVD and was very surprised by the level of audio dynamics is the presentation. Make no mistake about it the DVD is hard to watch, at least from a humanitarian point of view. What struck me was how a good HT setup makes this presentation so much more frightening. The explosions are out of nowhere and you really get a sense of how horrific these events were/are in person. I am not commenting on the politics of the film in any way I just never realized how our HT "hobby" could bring real life into your living room whether you want it there or not.

----------------

On 10/10/2004 9:46:13 PM unimorpheus wrote:

Make no mistake about it the DVD is hard to watch, at least from a humanitarian point of view.

----------------

yeah, that many lies and distortions can be difficult to swallow in one sitting.

Jay Leno does a better job of seaming together disjointed soundbites into a skit that is funny. The Fatso-From-Flint is a Hollywood-backed nobody who is too busy counting his net worth to hang up his current gig. Geez, if only I could be that insincere.

--------------

Try here...

----------------

That site has just as many vague references and unsuported points that it accuses FH911 of having...

Just skimming through them, many of them do nothing to support they are trying to make but just curve around it to make it look like they are... the same thing they criticize Moore for doing. In fact, I believe #49 is false... the extras on the FH911 dvd show the man being apprehended and later being abused.

Not saying that Moore is right in his tactics (though I do find them amusing), but that the article employs many of the same perception bending techniques that it denounces.

• 2 weeks later...