Guest Anonymous

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Rick, I would have more than 1 pair good, in fact in listening today, all work good, BUT I think I hurt myself by upgrading the rest of my components to such a level I can now hear more faults in the speakers. My source/amps are so quiet I hear thinks previously not heard. I really need to get these speakers to another level. I am going NUTZ3.gif12.gif

I don't think Steve is using the Peach. I think he sent it back to Mark because he had a noise problem. My peronsal theory is that he just couldn't live without a remote. :) Just ribbing you Steve.

I think those Type Bs I sent him are still sitting in a box somewhere in his house. All that money, all that time -- and the magic he's looking for is sitting in a box.8.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/13/2004 11:32:40 PM Piranha wrote:

Please don't tell me he went back to using that $199 Dared with his VRD's and 300B's?

----------------

I sold the dared for 325/not 199 you biatch2.gif My APL has a volume control/with remote...I have the Exemplar pre-amp also(Great Pre) but I really think I may forgoe a pre alltogether. source/amp/amp/speaker/speaker

expensive wires voila12.gif

----------------

On 10/13/2004 11:38:45 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 10/13/2004 11:32:40 PM Piranha wrote:

Please don't tell me he went back to using that $199 Dared with his VRD's and 300B's?

----------------

I sold the dared for 325/not 199 you biatch
2.gif
My APL has a volume control/with remote...I have the Exemplar pre-amp also(Great Pre) but I really think I may forgoe a pre alltogether. source/amp/amp/speaker/speaker

expensive wires voila
12.gif

----------------

What model Dared was it biatch? 9.gif Tell me more about this APL Exemplar. 3.gif

Guest Anonymous

APL HiFi is Alex Paychev, just outside san fran, he tears apart the palyers and completely rebuilds with his own custom dacs, but, only inb 2 channel. you can see more at audioasylum and at audiocircle. Amazing player, he just built a new dac with remote volume control, actually dual dacs 2 for each channel and it is wonderful. sounds like vinyl/master tape, really incredible. BUT, I just sent him a denon 3910 to do for me so I can play....redbook/sacd/dvd-a/dad/hdcd, all formats for my 2 channel pleasure including remote. I can hook you up with him. Exemplar=John Tucker(ex rocket scientist)makes his own boards/check out the threads on audiogon/audioasylum/audiocircle/head-fi ect on these units. John mods the denon 2900 and maybe the 3910 soon. Again incredible, but his can still work for HT ect...quite a few people are saying it is the best under 10 grand. I dunno, but it's fricking great too. Yes, i am nutz, and therein lies my issues. I do not know if I have too good eq. for my corns, cause for today I am hearing faults in my speakers only..........uuuggghhhh11.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/13/2004 11:55:38 PM DeanG wrote:

I think APL is high dollar stuff -- I bet it has a remote.
9.gif

You need to keep a preamp in the system Steve. I've tried several times to run without one, and it always sounds thin and sterile to me.

----------------

Dean, its all high dollar stuff, but, I gotta tell you, with Alex's machine, HIS sounds BETTER imaging/soundstage/depth/musicality/blackness/air in the notes/decay ext better than with a pre-amp. Just will not go as loud.