My corns need HELP

Guest Anonymous

Skill-sets necessary to do what you want are spread across the board.

Crites can do the drivers.

I can do the networks (Bob could too, but he'll be way to busy doing them drivers:)

Greg can do the cabinets, but I'm not sure where he lives. Hell, we have the Cornwall Vault. Another way is to find a decent cabinet maker in your area, and have them/him do the cosmetic thing.

If you really want your Cornwalls like new, you're gonna have to help us help you -- but first you have to decide what you want. Why don't you go listen to some RF-7s -- I sure like them. A handful of those with the THX Ultra2 subs might just make you forget all about those Cornwalls.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/13/2004 1:18:57 PM NOSValves wrote:

He already has crossovers from you doesn't he Dean ?

Steve,

Your nuts tube amps can't make deep autoritive bass
2.gif

----------------

Wanna bet11.gif or maybe I just farted6.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/13/2004 2:45:31 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

I can't imagine he would need subs for those RF7's, the 3's produced some awsome tight authoritive bass, the 7's gotta be amazing.

Tom

----------------

Dunno, maybe thats what I should do, they are more efficient too, and would be a smaller footprint, just don't know how good the imaging and soundstage would be?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/13/2004 3:17:53 PM NOSValves wrote:

With the VRD amps I can tell you no subs would be required. At Rick Flynn's house the bass was very nice with the RF-7's. The sound will be very different then the Corns though.

Craig

----------------

different in what way?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/13/2004 3:25:21 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

After all these years, the reference line is what turned me on to 2 channel listening again.

Find your nearest Klipsch Reference dealer and give them a listen, decide for yourself.

Tom

----------------

Tom, the ONLY place I review equipment is in my own room, do you know who in the area sells them?

The nature of the bass & mids region in the Reference line is were I believe you would pick up on the most difference.

The bass & mids being quick & snappier over what I remember the Corns sounding like. This of course wasn't in my system or house for that matter, but I suspect that shouldn't be a factor.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/13/2004 3:35:31 PM DeanG wrote:

I don't know you, but I know you -- you'll need subs.

----------------

Deano, I have the mother of subs, the darth vadar of subs, so much sub I had to move it out of the corner cause I was making people ill from the amount of air moving thru thier bodies, 2.gif3.gif9.gif I bet ya you would love this sub in YOUR CORNER TOO, HUH?16.gif

Steve, are four of your six Corns down right now?

If you have them down for the count, I could probably rent a van next week and drive three Belles, or a Belle and a couple Valencias up to the Golden dungeon, so you could learn what real speakers sound like2.gif They will also match up well with what remains of the carnage.

My wife's aunt and uncle are getting a new big screen TV in the next week or two, and they will be turfing their old one our way. If I clear out the second basement system for a month or two, it would make things easier to get everything moved in, out, around and situated. WAF, ya know...

Give me a ring when you can 1.gif

Guest Anonymous

I would love to jump on this wonderful, generous offer, But I alreasdy talked to Dave, and I really do not think I have the room width wise for the Belles, as much as I would love to. I think I will buy a set or 2 of chorus II's for the meantime, and find the right person to either rebuild the corns or custom make me some horns/that have BASS9.gif10.gif11.gif Who wants the job?6.gif