Questions for Yamaha owners

BobbyT

The question about the difference between the RXV and the HTR could cause some debate, mostly from HTR owners claiming that their HTR is the same as an RXV product.

I only own RXV's and feel that they are better built that the cheaper HTR line. yes, I did look at HTR stuff, cheap connectors and looks.

Its not like Pioneer Elite compared to their regular line but close comparison.

Yamaha always had a clean sound to them and at times was to a fault for some tastes.

like any line, if you buy the upper models you will usually get a better product.

do not expect miracles from a $500 receiver that claims 100 x 7 for output.

At the Yamaha web site this exact question is answered.

My impression is they are the same electronics but badged differently for different markets.

What Is The Difference Between The RX-V Line And The HTR Line?

My RX-V1400 sounds great with my RF-7's, RC-7, RS-7's. Not bright like the reputation, that might have been the older Yamahas.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking to do a receiver upgrade for my current system(which is RF-C-SII with synergy bookshelves for rear duty) before building a second slightly higher end system. I've heard that the newer Yammies sound good with Klipsch Ref series but I wanted to hear from people on this board in particular.

I answered this in a thread about a month ago. HTR, by Yamaha's own PR, is rated power at 1 kHz with other stipulations, RXV is rated from 20-20,000 and is definitely more feature packed.

I just hooked up the RXV2400 and LOVE it! Also have the RXV850 (about 10 years old) in the basement party room and a Yammie RX596 (2ch receiver) for the office.

I don't see what all the hubbub about Yamaha being 'overly bright' with Klipsch speakers is all about, I've been using Heritage, Reference, and Synergy for years with no problems, except those voices, always the voices.....

Hope this helps.

Michael

This is a copy of a post I sent to a member yesterday about Klipsch and Yamaha.

Hi Justin^E and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got all the bases covered with your HT system. Similar to my HT setup except for the subs. (profile)

My fronts are about a foot and a half out from the wall and in from the side wall about half the distance between speakers. The centre rests on a waist high tv armoire so it's on a fairly level plane with the main horns. The RS3's are mounted about head high on the side walls about 5 feet behind the chairs. And a rear centre farther back on a buffet. With the Yammie RX1300, the dts and dd modes are pretty amazing on the dvd's. From the satellite, I use Prologic II when watching shows like CSI. For music, I'll either listen to it in a traditional stereo mode or the 6 channel entertainment mode if I want to fill up the room. I was running the Yammie before with other speakers and noticed gaps in the sound particularly front and back. With the References, everything seems to be linked together in a seamless wrap with sound sources emanating from different directions. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it except for the cheesy grill setup. And I think the Yammie complements the speakers nicely. So I hope this is a little help. Hard to explain sensory sensations in text. So come on over sometime. Slainte. Hamish

After researching and doing some listening I pulled the trigger on a HTR 5760. J&R has it for $369 with free shipping right now. And considering my needs and the J&R price this seemed like the right move to make. I'm hoping that by this time next year I have a system together with RF7s and either a high end receiver or decent seperates. Thanks for the help. I'll post up next week after I get it and have a chance to listen to it.