What are thoughts on the RW 12?

Spanky

After all the disscussion on the subject of NON Klipsch Woofers, I thought I had better ask about the RW12, I'm considering buying one!

I'm using this combined with RB-25 book shelf speakers in a dedicated Home theatre setup, I am not looking at playing Music (Or very very rarely)

I was looking at buying an SVS, but with all the transport cost, Dutys, Taxes, It was just getting to exspensive (the joys of living on the other side of the Planet!)

So what are your thoughts on this model, I can't afford to go up to the next model (RSW12)

So, What do ya think?

PS: To Evan (Moderator) I contacted the Aussie distributor of Klipsch (Internatioanl Dynamics) And they organised a dealer in my local area to help me out with advice, info and to order it in for me, Very helpfull.

I just bought th RW-12. It sounds very good and adds "life" to 2 and 5 ch. music and HT and nicely completes my audio sysyem.

I have it set up in a large 21x24 room w/ vaulted ceiling and though I'm very pleased with its' performance, kinda wish I had test-driven the 15", as the room is large.

In short-You won't be disappointed !

I bought an RW-12 last week. I am happy with the purchase.

I have it in a 3000cuft room and it will do a fine job vibrating your furniture. It won't hit as hard or as deep as the more expensive subs, but it does sound good and it will fill in the hole below the rolloff of your main speakers.

In my case it's not a night-and-day difference as the main speakers are theoretically capable of something like 35hz at -3dB, but those last 15Hz now have their own driver and their own amp, so my system doesn't sound like it's struggling (I have the receiver's crossover set at 80Hz, actually).

It's a good sub for a fair price, I got mine from an authorized dealer for $550 with tax.

Just don't wait around for the SVS gang to compliment you on your purchase. 2.gif

I've had my rw12 for about almost a year now, and I am enjoying it. I will point out however that it is effortlessly drowned out by my rf15's above -15db (-70 - +8 is the range) on my denon 1804 (90w/ch). So, it lacks extreme decible output, which is fine for most ht uses.) It performs at a level equal to the infinity alpha 12 which has a 550 watt rms amp, whereas the rw12 has 330 watts rms I think. So the efficiency is good. It hits fairly hard and can be heard clearly throughout my house. (it's in the basement and carries to the second floor)There can also be port noise in some extremely low frequency high decible areas. All in all, I am pleased with this sub. I would like to hear the rsw12 or 15 in my home though.

I have had mine for about a month now and I love it. It provides great clean bass. This sub goes extremely low. I hav the RABOS test kit and it has no problem hitting 20hz. However, it does hurt my ears though. 1.gif The pressure it creates at 20hz is almost unbearable. I don't even have the sub in the sweet spot(since it seems to be exactly where 2 doors are, but it feels the whole house with wall rattling bass. I don't think you will be dissapointed. It is also a very nice looking sub.