Another great deal on Parasound / HALO gear!!

mmiles

Hi,

Just following this thread and was wondering if any of these processors have the ability to EQ the signal. I know the class of the above mentioned components far exceed my Pioneer, but that is the one feature along with the self calibration function that I think sets this unit apart from the rest in doing excellent job.

Tom

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brent:

Unfortunately important bills came up.

BUT when I do get the money - you have a customer!! You have someone on the Forum to thank and I also thank the both of you.

Here's part of the scoop - Brent knows me like the back of my hand. Never met me. Recommendation from Nicholti regarding Parasound when it looked like a possible trade -= that fell through.

Emailed Brent. Had an answer within 12 hours and a recommendation where he would probably make less in profit.

Cares about his customers, gets back to you, makes excellent recommendations - what more could be asked for?

If you can swing it, do it. And I am very chossy regarding Customer Service. Brent met that mark and went beyond. 10 stars and again a thank you!

Win dodger will be in contact.

$1,750 Off Aragon Stage One Home Theater Processor Limited Edition without FM Tuner. This special edition Stage One built for the overseas market does not have a built-in AM-FM tuner. However, you can easily add on through one of the seven analog outputs, if you wish. Due to this change we are able to offer brand new units at increible savings.

Aragon's Stage One Eight-channel THX Ultra2 surround preamplifier combines audiophile sound with convenience features like a Philips ProntoNEO touchscreen learning remote.

Now Only $2,249.99

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=ARASTAGEONESNF&loc=5

"They all use very cheap video conversion equipment to upscale the signal. I personally would rather use an outboard scaler for this."

I'm to assume your refering to when you run your video signal through the receiver, I bypass the receiver and run straight from source to monitor to avoid any degradation of the signal. Please correct me if I've misunderstood.

As far as the EQ'ing goes in the Pioneer, there has to be something said about how well it sounds for movies (don't like it for two channel listening), having a "flat" frequency response at higher volumes in a untreated family room is a great benefit which I would hold as a must for anyone needing to set up in a unfriendly listening environment.

Tom

I read my Halo manual again last night along with a couple of reviews that I found on their web site.

I may be making a mistake, but I going to try the AVM 30. I hope I won't be replacing the AVM 30 for at least a couple of years. Will see what happens.

The AVM 30 has to sound better then the Yamaha RX-V3000 receiver that I was using along with an Outlaw ICBM bass manager. I was using this set up with McIntosh amps for over a year now and have been waiting to see what a better preamp will do.

----------------

On 10/26/2004 10:37:06 PM mdaoe wrote:

----------------

On 10/26/2004 4:23:28 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

I'm to assume your refering to when you run your video signal through the receiver, I bypass the receiver and run straight from source to monitor to avoid any degradation of the signal. Please correct me if I've misunderstood.

As far as the EQ'ing goes in the Pioneer, there has to be something said about how well it sounds for movies (don't like it for two channel listening), having a "flat" frequency response at higher volumes in a untreated family room is a great benefit which I would hold as a must for anyone needing to set up in a unfriendly listening environment.

Tom

----------------

You have the right idea in bypassing the video upconversion. And, this proves the point I was trying to make. Just because it's there doesn't mean it's the best or that it should be utilized.

The same goes for Pioneer's EQ correction. Some may be able to get a good result, but most will not...especially in unfriendly listening environments. The idea that it actually provides a FLAT response is not correct. It tries to do that and typically doesn't get there. I commend Pioneer for trying and I think they and others will get there some day. It sounds like it works well for you and that's great, but from an installer with a lot of Pioneer experience I won't be selling the unit based on that feature. Don't take this wrong though...I'll still be selling the Pioneer unit, but just not touting that feature. My real life installations have shown that the EQ feature still needs to be improved.

thanks,

Brent Huskins

Media Design

huskins@charter.net

----------------

"My real life installations have shown that the EQ feature still needs to be improved."

Your comment above leads me to ask what do you find flawed in the EQ feature.

Tom

----------------

On 10/27/2004 10:52:14 AM mdaoe wrote:

Now as to the Halo sale...2 1/2 more days...

This is a great deal indeed.

Brent Huskins

Media Design

huskins@charter.net

(817)300-1223

----------------

Just wish I had the money, as I'd really like to get a C2 pre/pro to replace my Denon AVR3802 that I am currently using as my pre/pro.

I could put it on plastic, but I rather not do that.

Oh well - maybe next time. (if there is a next time).