November 5-7th get together

sheltie dave

Schedules, work, and logistics have finally been sorted(we gotta avoid hunting season), so...

We'll have a get together in St. Louis the first weekend in November, the 5th, 6th, and 7th of November. Hosts for the event will include Carl, Henry, Taylor, Captn Bob, and myself.

We have a variety of systems to peruse, with two venues for home theatre and a fair number of two channel setups also represented. One HT setup is a Heresy based solid state 5.1 setup with an SVS sub.

A second 5.1 HT Rotel solid state setup incorporates DeanG modified RF7/RB 75 reference speakers with a Peach preamp and SVS sub.

The two channel systems will include

'91 AK3 Klipschorns, Blueberry preamp, VRDs, Rega Planet

'76 AA Belles, MX110 preamp, MC240 amp, Heart CD player

'56,'59 Shorthorns with Scott 299C, CD, Eico FM mono and Multiplexer

'63,'65 RB1 Klipschorns with HK Citation II/Marantz 8B amp, Mc C20 preamp, CD(projected).

'03 Heresys with Harman Kardon 630 receiver

Bob is a solid source of Klipsch history, and hopefully Maron can make it as well form lake country.

We are trying to source a set or two of NOS output tubes so people can listen to NOS/new school tubes with their own ears, and also there should be some examples of various types of patch cords, and an opportunity to see new cords being made on the spot. I still have to contact Klipsch to see if we could source one of their new THX subs so we could demo a new product.

We will also have enough practice equipment on hand to see some basic troubleshooting processes, with fire extinguishers at hand! Are there any other stereo specific things you would be interested in seeing?

DAVE....thank you for the invitation...But the doctor says no. on Oct.11 I had a cornory bypass (4 way) At the Mo. Heart Center Boone Hospital Columbia Mo. This has been a crappy year. Not to mention that the damn woodpeckers have put four holes into the side of my garage. I guess that will have to wait till spring. Physical rehab will start in a couple of weeks. IM not to pick up anything heavier than 5 pounds. so Debbies carrying my wallet.

We are praying that you are healing well, Maron! Good thing you have been lifting JBL and Klipsch speakers around for years, otherwise it might have been a quintuple bypass heart surgery2.gif Maybe the Cardinals can start playing well, so your stress level can drop a little...

I agree with Keith. Maron is the funniest guy on this forum!

Maron, let me know if Debbie needs help with that wallet. I'd suggest turning in those 20's for some C-notes (or just buying me a plane ticket...2.gif ).

I hope the 'peckers don't bother you too much. Get well!!

Dave, have a great time!

----------------

On 10/26/2004 9:35:42 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

DAVE....thank you for the invitation...But the doctor says no. on Oct.11 I had a cornory bypass (4 way) At the Mo. Heart Center Boone Hospital Columbia Mo.

----------------

That's tough news Maron, but a good tube cleaning seems to work well nowadays. Best of luck.

BTW - I won $20 from an unnamed forum member - he swore you were heartless.....

Maron, that has a good ring to it!2.gif

I'll email folks with specific directions and phone #, but here are the generic...

from Kansas City area, 70 East to 40/64 East/or 44 East, south on 270/255, exit at Telegraph.

from points east, 55 west or 64 West to 255 South, exit at Telegraph.

We are less than two miles northwest of the Telegraph exit, with a whopping two turns total to get in our driveway. It is easier than finding Klipsch corporate HQ10.gif

Hotel info will be posted tonight as well.