Just bought La Scalas

BLUESMAN

If you're playing Deep PUrple (one of my personal faves) and old blues, there isn't much DEEP bass information, so you should be fine with the LaScalas AS IS. I would think that only if you're using them for symphony, hip-hop/rap, or Home Theatre would you need to extend the bass range. Don't pump it up too much or it will sound unnatural.

Michael (my .02)

----------------

On 10/27/2004 3:51:12 PM BLUESMAN wrote:

THAT'S INTERESTING. I WOULDN'T IMAGINE SUCH A LARGE SPEAKER LACKING IN BASS..

----------------

LaScala's don't lack bass. It's just that like most horn loaded speakers, except Klipschorns, they don't really extend that far down. Around 50hz in room, maybe a little lower. It's what the LaScala's do with the bass they reproduce that astounds. The LaScala's can make your insides turn into jelly with the right amp. Just listen to the LaScala's reproduce 'Take Five' by the Dave Brubeck Quartet. It sounds like the drummer and his kit are in the room with you. I suggest you get your LaScala's home first, have a really good listen. Do any room treatment you might need to do, then think about possible subwoofers. A good one to look at is the Klipsch RSW-12 or better still, the RSW-15. Now THAT would be an awesome combination...

I agree you might like them as is, if they are for music. Home Theater does require a sub, no doubt about it. Klipsh makes great subs (Personally the RSW 15 fits in great with this combo) so does Sunfire, a lot of people seem to like SVS too.

Take your time get a "Heritage" line center channel (Another La Scala, Belle, Cornwall (II's) are wonderful here, or even a Heresy too.) if this is for HT, it is a must.

Congrats and welcome.