Khorn Tail question

Rudy81

I am working on my new Khorns and noticed that the tail seal seems to be installed backwards. For those of you that have Khrons, can you tell me if the round rubber part points aft or forward. On mine, they are installed with the rubber secion pointing forward, thus never touch the wall. Seems to me they should be reversed.

Thanks in advance.

THe rubber is supposed to make contact with the wall providing a tight seal. Mine didn't have the rubber gasket on the tailboards. I ran pipe insulation down the board so that it makes very tight conact with the wall. My initial impression was that they sounded better without it. I'm going to have to remove it now and do a re-listen.

They are backwards. I believe that the factory staples them on, you may have to pull out the staples to remone them. Switch one from one side of the tail board to the other.

You don't need to staple them on when you switch them. The "U" shape channel that fits over the 1/2" tailboard is snug enought.

If the tail board seal in use is the flat stair tread type material, I believe that forward facing would be the proper orientation.

If it's the foam pipe type insulation, then as long as it contacts the wall and the Khorn fits into the corner, then you're good.

One of my 2002 Khorns have the original factory seal with rubber but had to be place in a corner with window trims on both sides. I ended up adding the foam pipe insulation material on top of the factory seals to overcome 1/2" gap from the wood trims on both walls. I had struggled to make a fales wall for the problem corner and gave up. But I am very pleased with the result of double sealing. I was listening to the beginning of the Also Sprach Zarathustra (Telarc) by Richard Strauss last night and smiled. Low organ notes at ~30Hz, was no problem even without the subs.

Ki