Khorns for Sale

Brap

I Hate, Hate to do it, but need to sell these since the new HT arrangement / available walls with windows in the way won't let me keep these any longer. Will have to use my Forte's as mains.

1989-90 KHorns, walnut finish, virtually new condition, no marks on the cabinetry. All these have been powered by have been a Carver M1.5 or a home brew 2A3 PP. MIT cables have been the connections of choice. Chicago area. Thought I'd mention this first here prior to E-bay.

Any interest?

• Like 1

Looking at Audiogon rating system, these are 8/10. A fair price is $2,400.00 for their condition. I'll post pictures tomorrow of cabinetry, X-overs and grills. These have been babied (signal wise) and have never seen any furniture wax, only lemon oiled.

• Like 1

Well, if some goob (me) was to DRIVE up to Chicago area from Knoxville, what type vehicle would said goob need to be in?

I could investigate renting a truck? (dont like the open back), my Miata sure as heck aint gonna work... I doubt I'd even be able to fit both squawker sections in it lol.

hmm... I'll go call U-haul & see what they say, I'd suppose they'd have a van type vehicle.

OR... you could do a career change, move to Knoxville, bring them with you and then I'd be local?

11.gif10.gif9.gif3.gif

hmm just had a technical glitch and this didn't post, I see you beat me to one. I've got phone book in hand right now as I type to call U-haul

I dont know the milage from Knoxville to Chicagoland, but U-haul wants either .59 or .79 per mile PLUSE their day rate for truck (presuming round trip). Heck, for that, I could FLY there and make it a 1-way drive back.

I've just looked into their trailors too... but I still have an issue of tow vehicle.

If these went into a U-haul trailor, would it be fair for me to think they'd fit inside a 4x8 trailor? dimensions per their website are 8'x4'1"x4' (LxWxH)

So, are these less than 4' high? hmm.. I guess the top can come off and they can be put on their faces? (on cushions of course)

The trailor quoted price is only good for 24 hours of usage, I'd need it for probably another day to day + 1/2 so that 24 hour limit might come into play (again, I could perhaps rent up there 1-way)

hmm... details & challanges

Let me put it this way, I'm interested. I just need to figure out the logistics and what makes the most sense, after all, after I bring them home, I'll be living outside with the skunks while my dogs sleep in my bed (after the wife figures out what I've done) 9.gif