twin PB2+ vs PB2 ultra

killerbee_vr6

I would rather recommend the Ultra driver based box. Having had the PC+2039s. PB2+s and now the dual PCUs the TV12 driver is worth the premium. Though dual PB2+ will provide ample head room the Ultra will provide smoother sounding results. This summer one of my friends borrowed my dual PCUs next to his dual CS+. He and his wife preferred the sound and performance of the Ultras hands down.

My vote is for the Ultra

It really depends on the size of your room. If you have a huge room that would max out the ultra than 2 of +'s would be the way to go. If your room is of the size that 1 sub would handle, than go for the ultra. Have you e-mailed SVS with your room dimensions and openings? They are usually spot on with their recommendations. Carl

I have found I prefer two subs with my La Scalas. The La Scalas just don't dig very deep. When I purchased my PB12-Plus/2, it played with such authority, that I could easily distinguish its location. I'm afraid if you colocate two, it might compound the problem. But, it may have just been the dynamics of my room. Anyway, I just received my PB12-Ultra/2. The subs are now on opposite sides of the room, no more directional problems. I haven't had the time to do any head-to-head comparisons between the two yet. Since I use mine mostly for movies, I tuned them both to 16HZ. Output is pretty impressive.