Receiver for RF-7 series 5.1 setup

joyce

Plan to purchase the complete RF-7 Reference series, would like to know which receivers would work best. Music and home theater use, would lean toward music. Have read the Pioneer Elite VSX-56-Txi is very good for Klipsch speakers, any other suggestions? Thanking you in advance.

You need to go out and hear the Pioneer for yourself and then cast your judgement. A number of folks on the forum that have paired a Pioneer receiver with their Klipsch speakers find that they are bright and piercing and tough to listen to for prolonged periods. Look into Harman Kardon, Marantz, B&K, and NAD as some of your other options.

Yup, you definitely need to audition to make the final call. I, for one, own a Pioneer Elite 45tx receiver, but I do not find them bright at all. In fact, I have the treble inched up 2dB. That should just go to show that everyone has different ears, and so taking someone's opinion on blind faith could be cause for disaster.

I use a Yamaha RX-V1400 (I think there is a newer model now, perhaps a RX-V1500?). Anyway, with the room correction system (YPAO) I've found it to be comparable for Video and movies as anything I've heard and for the price it is incredible. I prefer to use tube amps for music with them, however although they do fine as well. Just my two cents. I'd also recommend Denon and HK who make fine receivers at their price points.

DENON AVR-3805

expandible to 7.1 system ( which you will use...someday)

AUto Room Calibation which is a super feature and Denons Room EQ takes less than 3 minutes as opposed to Yamaha and others that take more like 10.

SS Decoding is done by an ANALOG DEVICES SHARC DSP.

It's the best multi-channel surround sound decoder chip on the market.

I had a chance last week to go to an audio equiptment show in san francisco.

I was amazed at how many pieces of audio equiptment contain these chips. I would not purchase an avr unless it had a SHARC ( also a cool name - good marketing !!) inside.

The 3805 is a great receiver, with 110 WP Ch. , multizone capabilities, quality components, all the latest DPL and DTS decoders etc.. Buy It Now ! Go to Tweeter !

DENON AVR-3805

expandible to 7.1 system ( which you will use...someday)

AUto Room Calibation which is a super feature and Denons Room EQ takes less than 3 minutes as opposed to Yamaha and others that take more like 10.

SS Decoding is done by an ANALOG DEVICES SHARC DSP.

It's the best multi-channel surround sound decoder chip on the market.

I had a chance last week to go to an audio equiptment show in san francisco.

I was amazed at how many pieces of audio equiptment contain these chips. I would not purchase an avr unless it had a SHARC ( also a cool name - good marketing !!) inside.

The 3805 is a great receiver, with 110 WP Ch. , multizone capabilities, quality components, all the latest DPL and DTS decoders etc.. Buy It Now ! Go to Tweeter !

----------------

On 11/4/2004 1:01:27 PM nicholtl wrote:

Yup, you definitely need to audition to make the final call. I, for one, own a Pioneer Elite 45tx receiver, but I do not find them bright at all. In fact, I have the treble inched up 2dB. That should just go to show that everyone has different ears, and so taking someone's opinion on blind faith could be cause for disaster.

----------------

Good post, Nick. I sincerely believe that too. One of my neighbours just purchased a new amplifier and loudspeakers, and the combination in his room sounds bright and lacking in body. Plenty of boom and tizz. He really likes the sound. On the other hand he thinks my Klipschorn based system lacks clarity!!!