Who has the room full of console's?

greg928gts

I am consoled by them.9.gif

Actually, I only have one tubed console (a Fisher). And two SS consoles (each of these with nice speakers, JBL and Altec, the electronics are nothing special).

I have a friend with a Telefunken console. It is a very cool piece of furniture! You should get it, so you can be more like me (or Bill, my friend)!

I have a dozen or so consoles.

Most of them are currently garage kept as well.

The Telefunken consoles are very well built peices of furniture..albeit kinda cheesy with the trim they use on most of their models.

The Opus Royale was one of Telefunkens' better selling production lines.

Very euro styled and weighs a ton.

They have good multiband tuners, decent record changers, and fairly decent sounding oval shaped drivers.

The best part of finding a Tele console is the distinct possibilty of find Telefunken tubes in it. :)

Regards,

John.

The seller told me that it was more upright than other consoles, taller and narrower.

I don't think I'm interested, I don't have room anywhere for it. I'm mentioning it here in case someone else is interested. If anyone would like the seller's name and number, please email me.

Greg

gregroberts@adelphia.net

No, definitely a late 50's early 60's thing going on here. They went in your living room and had everything in one unit. They were replaced by separates (receiver, turntable and reel-to-reel or cassette deck, and of course speakers). The separtes gave you a choice of buying better quality individual pieces. My parents had a console at first and then replaced it with separates. I only ever owned separates with a receiver, then later moved to a separate amp and preamp.