An RC-7 WHAT ???

WS65711

I noticed that... But that's good! 2.gif

When people don't describe their stuff correctly on ebay, they don't get as good a price.

Hmmm. Where would the RC-7 fit in my preference order for a center for La Scala's?

pair of KG4 -> pair of KG4.2 -> pair of Heresy -> single vertical conwall

Probably between KG4.2 and Heresey?

The RC-7 is heavy, not wouldn't be as heavy to ship as a pair of Heresy's... 6.gif

I try and stay away from sellers that place a nicely finished wood speaker on the asphalt without a rug or towel, it is usually a good indicator on how well that they take care of their stuff. Not to much regard here! With the weight of that thing you will be digging small rocks out of the side of it.

Frozen -

Yeah, I noticed that too. Combined with the fact that he doesn't have the box, and

doesn't have the RF7's to complete the set, and shows so little regard for the finish,

one could easily come to the conclusion that he got the RC7 from Midnight Audio Supply.

Maybe the RF7's were too heavy to carry?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Combined with the fact that he doesn't have the box, and doesn't have the RF7's to complete the set, and shows so little regard for the finish, one could easily come to the conclusion that he got the RC7 from Midnight Audio Supply.

Maybe the RF7's were too heavy to carry?

If I get your meaning, I think if that were the case the serial number would have been "lost".

It is RC7CH-02100011. Can I infer that it was made in October 2002? I don't know how to decode Klipsch serial numbers on the Reference line...

----------------

On 11/9/2004 3:55:20 PM psg wrote:

It is RC7CH-02100011. Can I infer that it was made in October 2002? I don't know how to decode Klipsch serial numbers on the Reference line...

----------------

Yup, that is an authentic serial number. I would imagine if he got it from one of those "fly-by-night" outfits, the serial number, as "psg" indicated, would be defaced and/or replaced.

"RC7CH-02100011":

RC7 - Model number (RC-7)

CH - Cherry finish

02 - Made in 2002

10 - Made in 10th week of 2002

0011 - 11th unit made that week.

The serial number of the one I have up front is "RC7BK-02190099"

But yeah, that did make me cringe when I saw that un-protected wood finish up against that ground like that. That guy should've put a blanket or towel or something underneath it (even his shirt if need be!). Hate to see the scratches on that side. 14.gif

Surprisingly, this RC-7 didn't sell for even $100! I should have noticed it at the end and snapped it up. At that price, even scrathed, it's a good deal!

I "asked the seller a question" (with days to go on the auction) asking if there were any scratches and he never replied. Not a good sign! LOL!

I wrote:

Surprisingly, this RC-7 didn't sell for even $100! I should have noticed it at the end and snapped it up. At that price, even scrathed, it's a good deal!

Ah! "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

You mean it's not a sub after all?9.gif

On 11/16/2004 8:37:44 AM marksdad wrote:

preference order??? rc 7 in lascalla ht??? nowhere, the 7 does not go with a lascalla at all different voice totally, the 7 would kill the overall effect

How about the Quartet? Better than the Heresy as a center for La Scala's? It's also a 3-way and goes lower than the Heresy. There's a semi-local pair of 1992's Quartets going for C$800. Is the premium price over the Heresy worth it? As far as packaging, I'd prefer the Heresy because it's too as tall and would look better over my TV, and without risers it would look pretty much the same placed upside-down to put the tweeters closer to ear level. Can't put the Quartet upside-down and the tweeters would end up close to the ceiling.