help with new La Scalas

BLUESMAN

Fellow Klipsch Hounds. just received my vintage 1985 La Scalas. Very interesting comparison to my Soliloquy's. A few ??. What are good cable matches? What about placement-toe in-distance from rear wall etc. What updates, tweaks etc would you recommend for this model/vintage?

Thanks

Get them into the corners if you can, and tip the fronts up just a wee bit. Toe them in so the drivers are on axis with your ears. Take advantage of the inherent strengths found in controlled directivity. The next step would be to upgrade the networks to the AL-3 with some good parts.

I like them just fine right now. However, since they are older and I have no experience with this model, I was looking for some guidance to get all the performance possible. Has anyone spiked them? Angled them? Toe in advise and the like. I've read about newer crossovers too.

Thanks

Re the networks: DeanG, Al K, Bob (BEC) and John Warren will build them for you. All you have to do is swap them out. Al sells kits you can build or you can download instructions, parts list, acquire the parts and DIY them also. I have 84 La Scala's with ALK kits in mine an love them, but all of these guys provide and excellent product I am sure you would be happy with. Your networks are nearly 20 so an upgrade is definitely merited in your case.